or Connect

Posts by audvid

Quick suggestion.. sorry for going off topic. for those of you wondering about speaker cable.. no need to spend $$$. Speaker cables "could" (maybe) make a difference in certain situations. If a cable has high number of strands, as in 12 guage high multi strand - it could cause an inductive effect = time delay for high frequencies. My simple solution: Use a 14 guage speaker cable - the cheapest you can find. Run it in parallel with a simple house hold electrical copper...
Respectfully imagic, I disagree with you and agree with Omar. AVR amps are not comparable to the pro amps.. I don't know all the technical reasons but "head room" is one, which comes to mind.. There might be several other factors..
trans_lux, Your evaluation system was impressive and I appreciate your writing.. I wish I could afford to buy the datasat.. which I can't. Were you "happy" with the integra? Is the integra processor in the audio quality league of the Lexicon mc12/meridian 865/Anthem? Typically, the integra/maranz/denon don't seem to sound, TO ME, comparable to the Lexicon/Anthem based setup.
Omar, I agree with you - COMPLETELY! How ever, some experienced people with high end equipment - such as trans_lux above, are speaking highly of the integra 80.3 and based on his setup, he is not to be taken lightly - he is comparing them to the datasat (which is beyond my means). At least one other person, who has owned a lexicon mc12 has said that he liked the integra 80.3 (or some such model).. I am confused.. I don't want to give up my older mc12 for an integra 80.3 -...
1. Yes, you are correct. It is very difficult to compare AVRs. 2. Each of us have our own preferences. Some like Magnepan/ribbon type sound. You and I like Large woofer with a tweeter. I like these speakers because, at my age, I cant hear beyond 12 khz and horns provide the best option for me. 3. I have compared some of the aforementioned AVRs in my own sytem, with all else being equal.. same speaker and amp setup. Both with and without audio equalization. Initial version...
1. I am not an expert on this subject. Therefore, please consider this only as a personal opinion, which might well not have much value.2. One experience was, as I wrote, with onkyo DTS MA processor that many here raved about. It was inferior to mc1.3. Another was with a newer $3000 to $4009 avr,- i forgot model name and number. The pro amps, like qsc, combined with a high end processor like an anthem was far more superior (I designed two such for my friends) - but was...
Yes, we are in general agreement about amps, speakers and cd/dvd/blu ray players.. but within a certain budget.. I would not say "Is High-End Audio Obsolete?", though! Mainly because the consumer audio receivers, that many people seem to praise so much, are not (yet) comparable to the anthem/lexicon/meridian audio processors, even if those processors were coupled with QSC amps.. The consumer audio receivers, seems to have reached the $4500 price point but without reaching...
I would agree with you that the pro speakers are excellent. As I wrote, I figured it out 17+ years ago, when the electro voice pro two way speakers were far superior to the jbl synthesis speakers. I would agree with you that the Behringer speakers might well be superior to many high end audio speakers. But I would disagree that the denon/onkyo/Sony receivers are comparable to the high end processors. But I do agree with you that the pro amps are a much much better VALUE...
I am quoting you, hyfi, because I want to re emphasize your comments, which were very well put. While I do agree that Some got ripped off in the days of theta selling a rebadged pioneer player for $5000, and that the $100 bd player is probably superior to that $5000 theta.. I can't believe that the system shown in the picture used as a part of the suggestion of the demise high end audio. Seriously? Lol. Btw, I might agree that those behringer speakers might well be...
1. I am not an expert in audio. 2. My equipment: jbl started as the synthesis 3 package about $30k) but I replaced the front speakers with electrovoice two way horns, which were much cheaper but TO ME, sound much better. (Proves that I am not biased with price.) 3. I replaced synthesis multi channel amp with bryston mono blocks and noticed significant improvement. Today, I would buy QSC. At that time, 17~ years ago, I had my friend set up a true blind study with identical...