or Connect

Posts by Don Landis

You are asking questions relating to software for 3D editing. All these threads and discussions are in the 3D section "3D source components. Here at AVS we had no real section to discuss shooting and editing of 3D so in the early days we just used the components section for these threads. If you post your questions in the threads there you will find people who do lots of editing with various editors and have sifted out all the nuances of each package. In a brief...
The twin NEX 5 system is mounted on a slide bench so I can adjust the IA as necessary. The purpose for going to these style cameras was to have access to extreme wide angle lenses with little distortion. Obviously the stage I shoot with these is very large such as Grand Canyon and similar. my widest is is 1 meter IA using a pair of 9 mm lenses. Sync is achieved with a clap board and sound sync before pairing the left and right files. What sort of work are you planning...
I'm also with the AVS veterans on the convergence adjustment. One comment I might add to help you use the Z10k better for 3D is to turn on the convergence range scale in the screen. That will give you an idea if your stage is going to work for your IA setting. Also, if the scale turns red it is a warning that the left and right images will diverge in 3D and as you saw--ghosting and eyes train. I found out that unlike the Sony TD 10, the Z10K auto mode is not a fail...
Hi joe, you should check out the WDTV as a home theater replacement for your Roku 3. I made my decision based on its superior YT performance but the Vudu quality improvement over the PS3 was a bonus. These little boxes are not going to break the bank.
Thanks Joe, There are HDMI controls that I have set to on with the Sony Projector so maybe that is where the switching is detected. Too bad we can't get that to work for You Tube 3D. I'll be away from internet with spotty access for awhile. Appreciate your response so quickly.
No doubt and my point was that good directors are not just considering the art alone, but also what will be acceptable by the audience, because that plays to a good business decision. Fortunately, most people haven't complained too much about the lack of filling the screen with 2.35 AR. However, I wonder if a poll were taken, would most people prefer for all movies to be cropped to fill the 1.78 screen? It seems to me that with 3D, most people prefer 1.78 because it...
Is Vudu 3D side by side? Joe- The funny thing is I see it on the PS3 as 720 60p side by side. But it doesn't show up as side by side like any other side by side content, where I have to manually switch the projector to SBS. Instead, it just looks like frame packed on the screen and doesn't require manual switching like all other known sbs video I run through the PS3. It's the same with my WDTV. It says it is SBS 1080 60p but doesn't look like SBS requiring manual...
Actually, as one who has worked in the business, movies are also a business. Every director I have ever worked with or read about are not just about the art, they also are respecting the business. Part of the business is conforming to what their audience wants to see and how they want to see it. There are exceptions. These are directors who are self funded, and on a mission to promote their own agenda. Any director who doesn't respect his audience will end up with an...
Joe- I believe the debate came up on this VUDU issue because I made a claim that I don't mind the quality of vudu 3D content to watch Frozen 3D NOW as opposed to waiting a month or more for the Blu Ray disk to be released. I also made the claim that VUDU 3D is quite good on my WDTV box connected to my Sony VW90ES projector and comparing to other 3D BD movies, I had no complaint. FYI, Joe, to save you the trouble of reading everything here, my VUDU 3D off the WDTV box...
My standards are pretty simple. If I'm entertained, I'm happy.