or Connect

Posts by sgunn

I did not get a discount, not that I'm aware of anyway. It certainly was never mentioned by Stewart in any of the emails that went back and forth.
So here is my tale of woe... About ten years ago I built a home theater and as part of that I put in a motorized Stewart Firehawk screen. Great screen material. Liked it a lot. After 5 1/2 years, it ripped. The way in which it ripped was that as the screen came down and unrolled, the screen adhered to itself at the edges, in the top of the mask area, and pieces of it ripped out on both sides. I attached a picture below. After this happened I contacted Stewart and...
I used the Peerless PRG-UNV-W, White Precision Gear Universal Projector Mount. It's easily available if you google it. It's much more expensive directly from Peerless, so don't get it directly from them. If you read the manual for the HD20 it says the projector needs to be mounted at least 4" from the ceiling, and if you flush mount this it will be 3.81" Specs: http://www.peerlessmounts.com/pcatta...6-9615-1-4.PDF I really, really like the geared adjustment.
Anybody else have this issue? I have uverse for cable service connected via component, and if the image goes to full white, like during an explosion, the projector loses sync. It re-acquires the signal after a couple of seconds. I'm not sure if it's just certain channels or just all of them. Kind of annoying. Stephen
I recently replaced my 7205 with an Optoma HD20 rather than get a new bulb. Very happy with the decision. Throw angle is the same, which was important with my ceiling height and the vertical placement of my screen. It is more limited in the throw range though, so I had to move my projector mount forward about 18" On low lamp mode it's brighter than the 7205, and much quieter as the color wheel on the 7205 was quite loud and the fan would also cycle up. I effectively...
Well, from the deafening lack of replies, it seems like I'm the only one on this thread with a motorized screen trying to use the HD20 12v trigger output to lower it. After calling Optoma and never hearing anything back, I gave up and ordered a Niles Audio product, the CS12V, which is a current sensing outlet with a 12v output. I plug my projector into the CS12V, and when the projector gets turned on, the CS12V senses the current draw and the 12v output on the CS12V...
So I thought I'd post a followup to my earlier post. I tried using a DVI to HDMI adapter to see if the issue was confined to the HDMI ouput. It was not, I saw the same issue of blown out contrast via the DVI connector. I also updated to the latest official firmware on the Denon site. That did not help either. After swapping cables and resolutions many times, the black levels suddently were just fine at 720p and 1080i. However, now on 480 I get black crush. So I...
I posted the same question to a forum for the NAS, and someone posted that he has seen the same issue, but only to certain media devices. So for him, he sees this on Popcorn Hour, but not on Noxon devices. He thinks it's an issue with the media player.
Interesting question. Sometimes if I do a search, the NAS will show up, but if I then try to select it, the NAS disappears. It's like a ghost. After I restart Twonky, I don't have to do a search, the NAS show up instantly. I have no reason to believe the NAS is going into standby.
I'm running Twonky Media 5.1 on my Thecus NAS. The issue I'm seeing is that I have to restart Twonky in order for it to show up on the Oppo. After I restart Twonky, it immediately shows up as a source on the Oppo and works fine for at least a few hours, so it's usable. After some indeterminate period of time, it will have to be restarted again to show up. I tried turning on logging in Twonky, but that spewed so much stuff into the logs that I immediately turned it...