or Connect

Posts by sgunn

However, the Thecus treats a single disk as JBOD, and there is no migration from JBOD to raid. I bought the Thecus with a single disk, planning to add a second disk later, but according to all the documentation, that is not possible. So I'm buying a second disk. I still think it's better than the Infrant because of the dramatic difference in speed, and the extra drive bay. But the firmware is clearly not to the level of the Infrant firmware. Yet. They seem to be on a...
This sounds like it's not passing HDCP. If your display and STB can't negotiate an encrypted connection, that's what happens.
I love it when people answer their own questions, so I'll answer mine. I spoke to Russound this morning. I was at work so the amount of troubleshooting we could do was limited. After talking with him for a while, we sort of came to the conclusion that I was going to need to send in the controller and the keypad to Russound for repair. I should note that the person I talked to knew what he was talking about, was very professional, very helpful; in short, everything...
Has anybody successfully upgraded the firmware on their Russound CAV 6.6? After my failed attempt, mine is currently an expensive brick. I thought I'd ask here first before I call Russound. I have an older CAV 6.6, Rev 2, so I downloaded the firmware for Rev 3 and earlier, and downloaded and installed the flashmagic updater (under XP if it matters). I then hooked the CAV 6.6 up to my pc with a serial cable and followed the directions to upgrade first the aux firmware...
Maybe RG6 Quad Shield?
The floor is real wood. The architect had spec'd laminate, but I talked to the contractor and he was perfectly happy to put down real stick hardwood for no increase in cost. He has a great floor guy who he's worked with for 10 years, so it was easy for him. Good laminate isn't cheap. There's a tradeoff between the cost of the material and the cost of installation for laminate versus stick flooring. Laminate is generally more expensive to buy, but cheaper to install...
I hadn't checked this thread for a long time. I'm sorry I didn't answer those who posted since January (it now being July). The contractor finally finished the last pieces of fixing the landscaping and installing the laylight. We paid him his final payment last night, 18 months after we started and 13 months past the "worst case" time he said it would take to finish. He had very good extenuating circumstances, however, it was still very frustrating for us. I still...
That was a long ago abandoned duct in the picture so it wasn't an issue. For the ductwork that did need to be run, there was a section where we left the beam below the joists so that we could run mechanicals, and we also ran some ductwork behind the wall. The electrical you see is temporary stuff during construction. The electrician did fur the ceiling down 3/4" so that he could run conduit wherever he needed to.
Another option if you're brave is to do what I did. Push the steel beam up into the joists. Then you don't lose any ceiling height or have anything hanging down. In other words, brace your house on temporary supports, remove the I-Beam that's holding up your house, cut your joists out where the I-Beam was, and then push a new I-Beam up between the joists, resting the ends of the now cut joists on a 'lip' created by welding a plate to the bottom of the I-Beam before...
The halogen bulb suggestion is a good one. I put a Lutron dimmer in my bathroom (Lutron makes Grafik Eye). The bulbs hummed even at full brightness. I got some halogena halogen bulbs, and while not completely silent, they were almost completely silent. The halogen bulbs have a much thicker, shorter filament that is supported firmly. Stephen