or Connect

Posts by sgunn

Dave is a good guy, as is his associate, Bob, and when I had issues they were eventually able to help me resolve them. Unfortunately, it took a while before I was talking to the 'right' people.
I just had the same issue with my 7200. It wouldn't lock to either my Denon 3910 or my Comcast HD STB over dvi. With the STB I'd get an image for 2 seconds when I turned the STB on, then the image would shut off. Completely repeatable. With the Denon it would just cycle, image for a moment, then drop, then image for a moment, drop, forever. This was directly connected with the Infocus 10m dvi cable. I'd be willing to bet that HDCP is still not working on your 7200,...
Thanks for the replies, it really helps and confirms what I thought. Stephen
All right, I know this is probably covered on page 137 of some thread, but I'm having a problem with my supposedly HDCP compliant projector and I'm hoping to get a number of 'yays' or 'nays' I have Comcast cable with the Motorola DCT6412 STB. Are there others currently using the DVI out from this box successfully? Especially to an Infocus 7200? Thanks, Stephen
Floydman, I'll be very curious to hear if the main board replacement resolves your dvi issue. The person I spoke to couldn't understand why the repair did not resolve the issue, it should have. -Stephen
I just received a call from Infocus. They're going to take care of the problem. :) The person who called me was able to pull up the info on the projector, and was able to see that they did indeed replace the controller board when it was in for repair, which makes it all the more puzzling why DVI isn't working. We talked about how I had hooked it up and tested it, and it should have worked. He agreed that it seems to be an issue with the projector, since two...
Quote: Originally posted by rogo OK, you probably have an HDCP problem. But do the 6412s even have working DVI? Because I thought there were all sorts of issues with that box that have nothing to do with your projector.... Searching here and elsewhere everything I can find says that people are using the DVI out of the 6412. While there are some issues with the box, this doesn't appear to be one of them. And DVI also doesn't work with my Denon...
Quote: Originally posted by Carl Brinkman Forget email, just pick up the phone and CALL your dealer. He has contacts at InFocus that should at least get you get a call-back from a human being in tech support. I have a very good relationship with my dealer, they're great guys, and I know they'll do everything they can to help. I didn't send them email because I can't reach them by phone, but because that way the issue is in an email that they can...
Quote: Originally posted by guitarman Try having the DVD player on first before powering up the projector. I tried that, I tried the other way too; it's not a question of the order, there is no HDCP on the projector. :mad:
I was an early adopter and got an Infocus 7200 soon after they were released. Recently, I tried to hook it up via DVI using the Infocus 10m cable to both my Denon 3910 DVD player and my Motorola DCT6412 HD set top box. It didn't work, and after contacting Infocus technical support via email, they agreed that HDCP probably did not work and gave me an RMA to have the projector repaired. Well, I just got it back, and DVI still doesn't work. With the 6412, I get a...