or Connect

Posts by stevenjw

Price it right and they will come...... ....too high and they won't buy.
I'm trying to figure out what that means and not sure if I have the MF part right.....
The Spider Man 2 (reboot) trailer looks good and the film is due out May 8th. It'll likely be one of my first purchases since I don't already own it on BD and the $300 is burning a hole in my "wallet". I'd love for Sony to release Fincher's Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on the puck in full 4K even if it takes up a lot of the puck. I don't want them to sacrifice PQ for space or bandwidth.
Any other deadlines out there from Sony that we should know about.....
I have no idea why some folks aren't seeing the clear difference of 4K details. Yes, Butterflies is one, but the X-games, LA nights, and many others look fantastic too. Granted there are others that look only a little better than upscaled BD.After an A/B comparison and watching the entire Elysium movie again, I have to say that it's not much better than BD. If I owned it already in BD, I wouldn't upgrade because it's 4K. That should be a big concern for studios because...
I go VERY rarely, probably once or twice a year, and then it's only to see something in 3D IMAX like the Hobbit or Gravity. I'll go to see the final Hobbit and the new Star Wars whenever they come out. Pretty much everything else I can wait the 3+ months for the BD. I usually go during a matinee to get a good seat and avoid the already spelled out issues. It doesn't hurt that there's a very good stadium theater close by that does a good job. With my setup, I'm...
You can run anything into HDMI 2, but you'll have to manually swap cables of course and the puck needs to be in port 2 in order to work. I leave mine permanently in 2 and my HTPC in port 1. I manually swap out the HTPC for my Lumagen if/when I need to. I was looking at the Emotiva XMC-1 as a solution for 4K switching, but they backpedaled off 4K HDMI 2.0, so now I'm waiting for a Lumagen HDMI 2.0 / HDCP 2.2 switching solution. I don't think you could adjust setting...
Well for what I spent along with a decent projector warranty (plus extra year coverage by CC), Mack lamp warranty, and an extra lamp from the upgrade.....I'll be holding onto this one for the long haul. Previous projectors made some significant strides in brightness, CR, resolution, etc., which made me upgrade every few years or less. I think this one has it all in one package, plus 4K and the lens quality goes a long way for now. It's a matter of diminishing returns. ...
Too each there own I guess, but I have to disagree with your observations. My HTPC with Radeon R9 290 runs JRiver Media Center 19 with Red October HQ, H/W acceleration, and madVR JINC8 and upscaling to 3840x2160 (normal 1.1) and still think that RC on Rez =4 and noise = min looks better, especially after the upgrade.
I watched it last night and thought it looked good. Spiderman 2 (reboot) will be out this May in theaters, so I'll use a voucher on it when it's released for the puck. I obviously don't own it yet, so I'll spend my voucher funds on new stuff. I refuse to double-dip yet again unless it's one of my top 10 favorites and stunning in 4K.I also watched some more Elysium and thought that looked good too. I need to do an A/B of Elysium 4K vs. BD upscaled from HTPC using...