or Connect

Posts by pjneder

mijotter,Yes, there are IP codes in iRule for this. Import the "JVC Projector RS and X Series All Models RS232/TCP" from the iRule tab. However, there are a few caveats to understand when working with IP and the JVC.1. Their command list is incomplete. There are new commands available in the RS46 such as discreet lens memory select. Search this thread for my posts. I added the latest command spec from JVC.2. The network stack must be "activated" with a PJREQ command within...
Mine does the same thing since new and it is fine.
Glad to hear you are finding some satisfaction with the JVC.If you are not accustomed to large projection sizes and near reference quality reproduction of the original content then you might think some films are "grainy" merely because you are actually seeing the detail for the first time ever!
Aperture == Controlling the "Iris"The iris is the actual device inside the PJ that sets the aperture on the lens.Use the AP button on the remote and set it to -15. If not bright enough work your way up from there.CMD = C.M.D. on the remote. Turn it off.DNR/RNR, etc. Just look it up in the manual.In the end maybe you didn't get the right project for you. We think they are great. Maybe you are having anxiety because of how much you pushed your budget and you are looking for...
Can you better describe the test environment? What is the source all the way to PJ in terms of equipment, cables, settings. Are you sure you are starting with HD content or is something upconverting along the way? Remind us what kind of screen you are shooting onto.I'm sorry you are having a bad first experience, but I personally don't think that the JVC is "grainy" or like "a DVD." Hopefully we can help you out.HINT, turn CMD off except for high density fast moving sports...
Congrats on your purchase!As noted by nezil the docs for lens envelope are posted elsewhere in this thread. I can tell you from my experience that it does not seem to affect PQ at all. I have my screen mounted center, but the ceiling joist was not on the center line. I had to add just a tad of H shift and a bit of V to line things up. I regularly use the lens memory as well to great effect on my 2.35 screen. The moving of the lens barrel should incur minimal or no PQ...
Not as good as a DLP. When I watch basketball I usually enable the CMD and a few notches less of AP. I find that the CMD smooths out the fast motion quite well. It introduces the SOE (Soap Opera Effect) immediately so not great for regular TV or movies. It's easy enough to create user profiles and then you can discretely select these UP's via various remote control methods.
One thing to keep in mind is how far above or below the nominal position you are when doing this. To answer directly, yes, you have it off center and still use lens memories. The lens moves in circular mount, not a square. Therefore the further you get to the left or right of limit the less up and down limit you have. Make sense? So, if you are going to need lots of up/down shift then be wary of left/right shifting.
Hmm, that is good info. However, it is made a little suspect by the fact checking in the doc. Did you catch this part: At this mode, the projector lamp counter actually slows down its lamp-hour counting process. For example, during standard brightness mode, the projector accumulate lamp hours at the normal speed of 60 seconds per minute, however, during low lamp mode, the counter slows down to accumulate 75-85 seconds per minute depending on the projector model, thus...
  Here is the latest spec file from JVC on the command specs. I don't know why they don't update their website, but this info is not secret. The spec can be confusing to understand but it is very thorough. If anyone has questions on how to interpret this I can help you out. If I get real bored one day (don't hold your breath) I will make a spreadsheet with the commands actually concatenated as they should be. Hint: for parts of this spec you will need an ASCII lookup...