or Connect

Posts by Srgtfury

Hi Mike, I jave had success with 70-90 foot runs of dual cat5 or dual cat 6, with Vanco baluns, if you already have a pair of those cats in place Thank you very much fury
Hi Mark, Have U thought about going monocular..with the "good" eye that is? Just do't get ur hearing checked or you'll be watching movies on an ipad. It could be worse, depending on your "perspective." I am disabled because of an essentially unheard of complication of a fairly rare eye problem, causing loss of depth perception and micropsia in the "bad eye, for all peripheral images, while the ipsilateral, central vision is absent. Interesting thing is that I can get...
Actually, If the WAF measures > 69db, the MLP takes on a whole new meaning...YES!!!!Thank you very muchFury
Actually thought about taking the 14" Velo and down-firing and suspended a few to five feet above floor level, bridged across a couple of ladders and moving the rig around the area. Not sure if that or using a mic on a boom pole is a better/good idea. Any advice? Hi Amirm, cool setup. was your, measured result, what the calcs., predicted, as regards the in-ceiling installation portion of the project? Thank you very much Fury
Hi Jerry, Thanks for the reply. The ONLY reason that the in ceiling location is required is, She, who must be obeyed. Now, this a living/Great room, untreated and there is plenty of attic space for the 5X3X1.5 foot sub. The thing is 103db efficient and can handle 5K watts, per manufacturer. I lament the loss of my treated meridian suite, but I must say that the Wisdom Sage L75i's and the sc-1, quickly setup and the Oppo105 Analogs are an amazing system, in that...
Question regarding using the Audyssey Pro mic, for REW measurements and to pre=install locate an in ceiling sub. Since I have the Pro kit and the calibration file, does the former work as well as any other mic, listed in the thread, or is there a limit on the low end? Regarding the later, any advice on placing a sub-say 14"Velo in the MLP and putting the Audyssey or other mic on a boom pole, then measuring along the 15 foot high ceiling, to locate the best install site ,...
Hi All, I have a giant room, with 15 foot high ceilings and open to large areas of house. Wisdom SC1 controller and Sage L75i speakers (40Hz on low end). Surrounds are in ceiling/soffit ML Vanquishes. Now. I have a Wisdom STS (50X30X18 inch) sub, that can only be placed, on its side, in ceilingand across joists. The issue is where to place it. Some flooring has wood and other carpet (listening area), but there is no opportunity to try different ceiling locations. ...
Hi All, Looking at, per dealer suggestion, an MDF enclosure for this sub: http://www.wisdomaudio.com/products_sts.php The install is to be inceiling, across 2X10 joists, with probably plywood between sub and joist. Is sound putty an adequate and good idea between plywood and joists and then what, if anything between sub and plywood-layed on its side and port pointing ro floor? The other issue is a proposed MDF enclosure port attached to the sub port and grill then...
Hi SOM, There are a some pieces that Audyssey has licensed, however, through the manufacturer, such as Wisdom, that do not require the $150 fee. Thank you very much Fury
Thamks all. yeah, saw that and posted, but lack of clarity is a non-starter, even though it may be the best deal ever. Question though, regarding purchasing a used kit, which still has interest. Does the license get the end user to Luke, as well as the purchase of a new kit. Dealer cost is $400 or so, retai l$550. Anyone selling a used kit? Thank you very much fury