or Connect

Posts by BrianJohns

Quote: Originally posted by jrgreenman Known issue. See this thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...postid=2579098 Thank you thank you thank you! Glad to discover it's a "known issue" and that there is a simple workaround. I'd noticed that DVArchive was still showing that it was streaming a show after I'd stopped it, but didn't know what to do about it. --Brian
OK, naturally as soon as I post something I learn more about the problem. :D Apparently renaming the Episode title wasn't the problem. The problem is stopping a streamed show from my Mac's DVArchive and then trying another show. I was asking Replay to play a show from the Mac's DVArchive, watch a few seconds of it, then I pressed STOP and selected another episode to see if it would play. In this instance, the 2nd episode will always lock up the Replay and cause a...
I posted this over on MacReplay and haven't received a comment. I'm hoping someone over here can help! I have been collecting "The West Wing" reruns from Bravo on my 5040. I've been moving them from the 5040 to my Mac's hard drive because drive space is so limited on the 5040. Once in DVArchive, renamed the EPISODE title so I can keep the episodes in their proper order (according to tvtome.com). Once I get a chance I intend to start watching them, in the proper...
Quote: Originally posted by dherman516 Yea i am kinda ticked about this too.. It did not record for me either.... Dave This is exactly why I fail to understand why there isn't a Replay equivalent to Tivo's "To Do" list. (Is there??) Replay's GUI is vague and leaves me (and obviously others) with more questions than answers! Hear our pleas, Replay....do some user-friendly work on the interface! :)
Quote: Originally posted by adone36 After you get a few more hours under your belt, you'll be get more used to the way it does things. Replay people like to joke about how Tivo is for people who want the machine to do some of their thinking for them. LOL :D You're absolutely right...about getting more hours under my belt with this! It would be simpler if I didn't have several years of Tivo experience interfering with my learning curve. Right...
Quote: Originally posted by adone36 It will also record if they move the show +/- 1 time period. Hmmm. Define "time period"? Does that mean +/- 30 minutes if it's a 30-minute show? Or +/- 60 minutes if it's an hour-long show? Thanks, everyone, for the advice! So, a "show" based channel will record based on a specific channel and time, with maybe just a little more flexibility than your average VCR, right? A "theme" based channel will...
Hello! My refurb 5040 arrived a couple of weeks ago and I'm struggling with some aspects of the User Interface that I don't quite grasp... I've been using my Series I Tivo for about 3 years, so I'm having to overcome the "Tivo Way" while I try to figure out how to do what I want with the Replay. The Replay documentation is a bit confusing because I'm coming in exactly as version 5 came out, so the main manual is out-of-date talking about "guaranteed" versus...
AMEN TO THAT! I've had my refurb 5040 for a couple of weeks and I agree, the remote is VERY sluggish. It scares me because of what I've read about multiple queued keystrokes causing crashes. At first I thought it was because of a glass door in front of the Replay unit in my entertainment center, but it's just as sluggish with the door open. My Tivo gets a bit sluggish too if it's recording and playing back at the same time (generally when FF or REW-ing), so I...