or Connect

Posts by Pericles

Thanks for the reply Don - I recently switched from Dish Network so I don't know much about DirecTV...I didn't realize they have multiple satellites in the same spot. I appreciate your kind reply...
can someone point me to a completely list of the DirecTV channels and the transponders they are on? I am wondering what transponder HDNet is on....I am getting very strong signal on everything else except HDNet and DiscoverHD. thanks
Quote: Originally posted by Ken Ross I was simply pointing out to another poster who claimed that D* would be the first with an HD PVR, that he was incorrect. I said nothing about the quality. It's pretty well known how poorly the E unit works. We will see how well the D* unit works. I should be getting mine fairly soon since I was pretty early on the VE list. I know - I am so glad I didn't go for their lame discount offer for the 5000 HD...
Quote: Originally posted by sangs Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I ordered on March 2 and he told me this morning that mine would be a first week of May delivery also, so don't feel so bad. :D Wow...i just pre-ordered mine on monday and I got a May 4 delivery date...what the heck?! Something is whacky...
And that did them a lot of good - they lost me as a customer, and they have a black eye after two major relatailers pulled the 921 off the shelves....bohoo...big deal...they were the first to offer a piece of crap to their customers...something to really brag about :) Quote: Originally posted by Ken Ross Nobody "qualified" what operational status the HD PVR must be in to qualify as being first. The simple fact is that Dish was the first with the ability to...
Greetings, I hope this is the appropriate venue to ask this, but I am trying to receive certain channel from Europe, which are apparently carried by a company called Globe Cast, via their GlobeCast World TV service (http://www.globecastwtv.com/). Does anyone know what kind of receiver is required for their services (manufacturer, etc?). I do know they use an elliptical dish with one LNB, but the receiver is very non-descriptive, i.e. GlobeCast's MPEG-2 DVB receiver,...
Quote: Originally posted by hardwired Mark, Call CJ so that they are aware you are an affected customer. His number and ext is listed in this thread. They have no idea how many have the HDTV modulator with their activated 5000. No sense in paying for programming and hardware fees you can't use. CJ said they would waive the $5 downgrade fee. I called him - he called me back, gave me an e-mail address - my messages to that address bounce...
Quote: Originally posted by bpearse Yeah, I was tempted never to post again to keep my lucky number. That would have made some people happy :p Hardwired, my magic number is EXACTLY the same as yours: $500. If they provide that price for a new 921, I stay and will even commit to a year of programming. Like hell! I've been a Dish customer for years...almost since they launched the first satellite. Heck, at almost $90 a month, i've almost...
Are you suggesting that those of us that don't let our kids watch this crap are bad parents and do not have good relationships with them? Anyone that has any common sense and any awareness of culture and society knows without being told that football is a sport with strict rules that are ENFORCED when broken, while sexual displays to millions of people breaks even the most basic societal rules that separates man from animal. What a bunch of...
I got this reply from Sylvette Barr from Hughes: "Won't be available until late february. I assume they will be available online, circuit city, best buy and other distibution channels. " Very exciting news indeed...