or Connect

Posts by TEW

Yea, I remember Runco's were the top line projector.Based on what I've read thus far, the Epson sounds fantastic. I appreciate the suggestion. So this is an LCD projector, right?You are happy with the blacks?
I've been away from AVS for a long time and have no idea what's good/not so good in today's current crop of digital projectors. To qualify my frame of reference, I've been using a Sony G70 CRT projector for 10 years, paired up with a 144" screen and I want to keep using a screen of similar size. I want to spend as little as I can get away with, but I want a reasonably nice picture ( I'm not the home theater hobbist I used to be, so I'm not seeking perfection.) So, can...
40 minutes east of Richmond VA
I've been away from AVS for a very long time so I'm out of touch. I have a Sony G70 with only about 2200 hours on it. Physically pristine condition but the blue CRT of late has been going on and off. Would like to get rid of it. What's the value of it these days? Thanks tim williams timwilliamsgroup@gmail.com
Just bought an LG ZBD590 for $229 from Amazon. The picture goes on a off continuously until I play a DVD. The TV will say "signal lost" sometimes. Works fine once I play a DVD, but it's annoying. Is this a set up issue of some kind? Thanks
Is there anything I can do to clean up a non-HDTV signal for my new LCD and Plasma sets? I just purchased a 42" Philips LCD set and a 50" Visio Plasma. Both look terrible with my non-HDTV feed. My 32" Sony tube set looks a lot better. I'm thinking of taking both back and getting a new tube set. Would a lower resolution set give me a better picture given that I don't have HD signals available? Are there any external devices I can buy to clean up the picture a bit?...
Visio Plasma P50 10a owners: 1. How long have you owned it? 2. Have you had any service problems? 3. If yes to #2, what problems did you have Thanks Edit - not sure I am using the poll feature correctly. Just answer questions if you can. Thanks
If you guys where choosing between the Philips 42PF7421D or a Visio P50 Plasma, what would you choose? I saw the Philips at Sams and was immediately taken back by the rich black level and sharpness ( I have owned a Sony G70 front projector for years, so I am used to good blacks). I ended up buying a 50" Visio plasma, primarily because I thought the larger screen size would be worth the extra $200. However, I haven't opened it yet and I'm thinking about taking the...
Someone help me! Visio P50 (Plasma) vs Philips 42PF7421D (LCD) vs Magnavox 42MF531D (LCD) I was leaning towards the Visio, primarily for the larger size, but I thought the Philips had amazing black levels for an LCD, and I hear that LCD's last longer and are less likely to break down. I already bought the Magnavox, but I haven't opened the box. I figure if I'm going with an LCD the Philips is probably better. The Visio's extra size may not be that important,...
I' ve been experimenting with scan rates on my G70, primarily 720p and 960p at a refresh rate of 5994 I"m not sure I can see any significant differences in terms of sharpness, but the images do appear to have brighter, bluer whites at 960p. I see this most notably when I am looking at the menu in serviceman mode. Why is this? Does the higher scan frequencies drive the tubes harder or shorten their lifespan? Also, is there a benefit to running higher refresh rates,...