or Connect

Posts by AndrewS99

I got WTW and BTB to show in XBMC/NVidia GT640.1) NVidia driver hack to output 0-255 on HDMI - reboothttp://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=832) NVidia driver change from "Let Application Decide" to "System Setting" and locked to Limited (16-235)3) Theoretically, MovieTHX is 16-235 so you should be all set4) Games on an HTPC would need to go back to 0-255 on the display which means possibly PC modeI looked at the flashing BTB and WTW videos/bars in VLC and could see below 16...
Is the black level setting on "Movie THX" av mode set for "low" (16-235) like I'm assuming? It's locked out and can't be changed. I'm trying to get my HTPC/XBMC video chain set up correctly.. Vid source: 16-235 XBMC: 0-255 (full rgb) Vid Card: 16-235 TV: 16-235 (presumably) I think I need to get the vid card conversion set to 0-255 full RGB and let the TV do the colorspace conversion
I think I'm going to keep this 70x5fd floor model but I'm still slightly concerned about one thing - if the TV is off and I'm looking at the reflection of the room on the screen, it is not a perfectly smooth reflection. The screen seems a little "wavy" in spots, like it's not uniformly flat. As far as I can tell, this doesn't translate to the picture when it is on. Is this "normal" with this set or is it possible that it's damage from being a floor model?
I have an odd question. After I bought a 70x5fd floor model, I mounted it and was cleaning the screen when I noticed that there was a tiny nick and something was peeling off of it. Is the Sharp Elite supposed to have a glass front? What is on mine seems like a poly or plastic because of the way this tiny nick looks. Also with the screen off looking at the reflection in it, there is a small wave in the reflection on the left 1/3 of the screen - totally not visible with...
Want to buy an i1 Pro Spectroradiometer (rev D preferred). PM me with your offer please!
Actually, I just remembered I did RadTech's settings. I'll have to watch some content tonight and see how it looks.
It looks awesome! I'm using Cnet settings and need to get it calibrated. Not sure if I will attempt it myself with Chromapure, look into CalMan AutoCal for Elite or have BB do it for free. I'm coming from an edgelit Sharp 60LE810UN - released in early 2010. Never able to get it calibrated quite right as the early Quattron panels had CMS issues that never really got fixed. When I finally got the set mounted, I did notice a 1.5" dent in the aluminum frame on the left...
What AV Mode is everyone using for cable/satellite TV? I'm definitely using Movie THX for my HTPC/XBMC/PS3 content but was wondering if anyone was using Standard, Optimum or Dynamic for TV? I've got a TiVo hooked up to Time Warner. Since I can set an AV Mode over IP with my remote, I was going to use Game for XBOX/PS3, MovieTHX for movies and either Standard/Optimum/Dynamic for TV since most of my TV watching is sports...
I snagged the last 70x5fd floor model at my local BB. Open box price was $2599 but after a little negotiating, the lowest they could go was $2350. They found the two pairs of 3D glasses but couldn't find the remote. I didn't notice any picture issues. ~3200h on the set, SN showed 08/11 build date. Couple of ruboffs of the black color in the lower right of the frame easily fixed with a Sharpie. This happened when moving out of the Magnolia area a month ago according to...
Sorry - wasn't sure if I could quote price. $2599. I will have to get the sn. They have had it for at least a year so it isn't a November 2012 build.