or Connect

Posts by Ron Jones

I don't believe its an issue of getting the correct grey scale calibration, but rather in getting an absolute measure of white level that can be directly used to calculate the ftL value. In part this is the result of needing to tilt the sensor when making a reading off of the screen (so it is not looking at its own shadow). This can be like viewing the screen from perhaps 20 degrees off axis (some combination of vertical and horizontal). This may mean less error for...
How did you measure the ftL? I've found that if you use an Eye-one and calibration software the reported ftL is generally low. More accurate is to use an accurate spot light meter to measure the light off of the screen.However, if you want to measure the lumens out of the projector, the most accurate way is to use a lux meter to measure the light output directly from the projector and to take the screen out of the equation. Many times you cannot trust the screen...
There really are very few ultra short throw home theater projectors. Companies like Epson and NEC make several classroom/business projectors that are ultra short throw, but these do not have the black levels, contrast ratio, nor color accuracy desired for a home theater. Is there any chance the projector could be mounted on the wall opposite the screen (either placed on a high shelf or attached directly to the wall with a bracket?
Art was also surprise that the RS4910 had so many calibrated lumens. There are several factors that could account for different lumens measurements by different reviewers. First, there can be some variation from projector to projector (actually more from lamp to lamp). Second, if you calibrate the white level to display all the way up to level 255 then you will get less lumens output with a reference 100% white test pattern than if you had calibrated only to correctly...
Art has posted his review of a RS4910 at Projector Reviews. Some direct comparisons with a Sony VW600 are included. One big surprise was 1200 lumens calibrated from the JVC.
Art has posted his review of a RS4910 at Projector Reviews. Some direct comparisons with a Sony VW600 are included.
- What size screen do you plan to use and do you already own one or will you be buying one along with the projector?- How important is having high quality 3D for gaming and/or movies?- Tell us about your room: size, color, light control, viewing distance.- Will the projector be ceiling mounted for placed on a table or shelf?- How far can the projector be placed back from the screen (minimum and maximum)?- How much will the projector be used for a home theater application,...
As stated in that thread about the chart: "Here's a timetable offered by Thierry Fautier of Harmonic, a video-infrastructure company."I wouldn't consider it 'official' in any way, it's just one person/company's best guess (although perhaps an educated guess) for the 4K UHD rollout timetable. The BDA has many companies actively involved in the creation of the Blu-ray 4K spec. and the position of the movie studios involved (from the previously posted link - HERE) make it...
They may want to keep HDCP only in hardware so that it cannot be readily hacked via firmware.
Just go the Amazon link below and you will see most of the major movies are listed as having (Blu-ray 2D + Blu-ray), or both the 3D disc and the 2D disc and many also include the DVD (+DVD).http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_10?url=search-alias%3Dmovies-tv&field-keywords=blu-ray%203d&sprefix=Blu-ray+3D%2Cmovies-tv%2C219&rh=i%3Amovies-tv%2Ck%3Ablu-ray%203d