or Connect

Posts by xwilliam

Back in January I bought a 60GT50 after a lot of back and forth with respect to which set I should get. I can't say how pleased I am. I ran the color slides for about 80 of the first 100 hours. I have little kids who watch a lot of stuff with static logos. I have the 4:3 content (which thank God is less and less as time goes on!) stretched, but my wife and kids don't care and I never watch anything but HD content. No issues with image retention or burn in. Picture...
And 3) If you want to use D-Nice's settings on a Panny 2012 plasma, then using his slides for exactly 100 hours will get some very good results with his custom settings (apparently--I don't yet speak from experience, but I'm running the slides now.) Confused? I was too. Register at this site and read the first few pages of this thread:http://www.**************.com/showthread.php?t=13397I'm running the slides more to blow through the first 100 hours rather than for D-Nice...
You didn't miss anything. That was his point: a properly calibrated 2nd Gen Kuro is still king. But the operative phrase there was "properly calibrated." At least that's my take on it.
I'm sort of surprised more people don't talk about this, so I'll start a thread on it. I'm frustrated that my new TC-P60GT50, like many, if not most brands of TVs, does not have any discrete remote codes for the picture modes. This makes setting the mode in a remote macro more or less impossible. This was less of a problem when I didn't use a receiver to do HDMI switching because I set my Blu-Ray player to an input that used cinema and the cable box had a more standard,...
Does anyone use CATS...ever? My old sony LCD did a fantastic job of adjusting to the room conditions with its sensor. I really took it for granted. It made going from kids cartoons in the morning to movies in the dark at night very easy. Panny really wasn't able to do the same thing? I get my 60GT50 on Thursday! CATS or not, I'm so psyched.
You're right, but tell that to my wife!! I got the 60GT50.
I ordered the 60GT50...and I'm so psyched! Last night I finally had the opportunity to watch a 1080p movie, in the dark, on my current 55ST50. That set was an open box from Best Buy that was "in perfect condition." Except it wasn't. It was totally broken as I detailed in another thread. But one of the inputs still works, so I can watch one source. I was blown away at the PQ, and this was "just" as ST. If I loved the ST, uncalibrated (in cinema mode with a few...
He's holding firm at $300 with the extra bulb. Hmmmm...
I know the H78DC3 is only 720p and only has one HDCP DVI input, but for a basement movie projector, to get me started in this PJ world, seems I could do worse, no? Figure I can talk them down to $250 and that extra bulb is good insurance. I just want a good movie picture in a pitch dark room. Thoughts?
I don't care much about the picture during normal, daytime viewing (news, kids cartoons, whatever) nor nighttime wife viewing. But when we sit down on a Saturday night for a movie, I want an awesome picture. At that time I *am* something of a videophile. I saw the GT next to the VT and have to say I saw a difference, but it certainly wasn't huge. Then again, this was in the store setting and absolutely nothing about that is optimal. My gut says the bigger TV is the...