or Connect

Posts by DiscCollector

Also, IMHO I think we should stop speaking in terms of "The 24p bug and the LFE bug" together as the two biggest issues, like they have similar weighting and/or credibility. The "24p bug" is an actual, confirmed (by multiple people here) and acknowledged (by Denon) bug that now has a fix. On the other hand, there may be no LFE issue with the unit whatsoever. It seems there are more people who have tested it and found no issue than feel there is an issue. Let's...
More importantly, did anyone read my posts from last night? Some people seem to have missed this info completely. I assure you, it can be relied upon. No offense, giomania, but your information was limited, second hand, and unverified during a time when details were sketchy and there were conflicting messages. My confirmation was much more detailed, and everything I reported I saw/experienced first hand at Denon. I watched the whole update process from start to finish, in...
Here's what I can tell you about the firmware update(s): - Updating the 3800 involves two separate and successive updates/operations: one via RS-232 and one using a firmware disc that boots in the unit. - The RS-232 update is strictly to address Realta issues, and is applied using proprietary Silicon Optix software that runs on a PC (and cannot be redistributed outside of Denon). This update addresses 3 specific issues, one of which is the 24p / 23.976p bug. - The...
Jeff, If you mean the I/P Scaler firmware version, it is now 080311 on my unit.
No, I had no LFE issue (and neither of the current updates addresses LFE in any way).
Well folks, some really good news tonight: Late this afternoon my DVD-3800BDCI was updated with the new firmware (both of the updates), and I'm pleased to report that the 24p bug HAS DEFINITELY BEEN ADDRESSED. It is fixed. Corrected. Working the way it should (or should have, from day one). Earlier today (prior to updating) I double-checked and my RS1 showed an even "48Hz" as the vertical frequency when it was receiving a 1080p24 signal from the 3800. After the updates...
Mark, Did you ask about the LFE bug? DC
Have any other 3800 owners noticed an ever-so-slight video hiccup every 15 or 20 seconds or so? It looks to me like a frame is being repeated - like a "micro pause". It's really REALLY subtle, almost unnoticeable, and you have to watch for it. I'm wondering if this is related to the 1080p24/23.98 bug, and perhaps the video is re-sync-ing itself with the audio or something (since it may be slightly ahead after a certain number of frames). Anyone else seeing...
>>It hasn't been in Canada for 6 weeks, and we likely won't seen any more XA2s this year. Not true, audioNeil: A Toronto dealer got 3 in this week, and I snagged one of them this morning (or actually, my girlfriend did as a Christmas gift for me). Another AVSForum member got one of them, and as of this morning they still had the third one. PM if you need details. DC
Sorry to ask the obvious again, but why doesn't JVC just FIX THE OVERSATURATED COLOR PROBLEM? Why must we buy expensive processors to have a proper image? Why must JVC release an expensive bundle with a VP50? It seems this is a known, acknowledged problem with a seemingly easy fix. Tom?