or Connect

Posts by DiscCollector

If I went the custom shelf route - what about a steel sheet with a bend in it (basically would look like an "L" on its back from the side), with the back part secured into a stud with two toggle bolts? Do you think this would hold the 25 lbs of an RS1 safely? I would have to be sure the bend in the steel didn't sag or "unbend" over time, and that the bolts didn't pull out of the wall. Something tells me it would be plenty strong, however, if the shelf were made of the...
Thanks. I know the kind of shelving you mean - but I wouldn't like the look of the vertical brackets running along the wall (this is going to be in my main living room, which - so far - has a very clean, sparse and (dare I say) elegant look - even with screen, speakers and cabling. I'd like to minimize the visual impact of the mount as much as possible. A nice-looking 14" x 14" square shelf of some kind would be great, provided it could take the weight of the...
After an exhaustive search of these forums and the Chief Manufacturing and other vendors' websites, I've been unable to find a projector mount that attaches to a back wall, like a shelf. Does anyone know if such a beast exists? I'd think that it MUST - but I've come up empty. Basically, what I'm looking for is a plate that mounts to my back wall (actually, to the wall ABOVE where I'll be sitting) and a "shelf" type of mount coming straight out (at a right angle to...
>>that is weird about the model number. Mine says DLA-HD1 Hmmmm. This is a little troubling. Does anyone else (from the first or second wave of projectors) show "ILAFPJ -XH" for the "Model" parameter on the Software Version page of the Service Menu? Mine says "ILAFPJ -XH", but rlindo's says "DLA-HD1". You would THINK they would all say "DLA-RS1". All other parameters look normal. I suppose if everything else about the projector is normal, this is no big...
OK, cool. Thanks! If the "Main" number in "Software Ver." has moved from 059 to 061 -- I'm going to guess that this most likely means a firmware update in these new units. DC
First, let me say that I am certainly not yanking anything. Second, to anyone "angry" at me (or AVS) simply because I was able to buy a unit yesterday here in Canada - please curb your ire. Yes, I only decided upon the projector in recent weeks, but I was proactive and tenacious and a bit lucky - so I got one. (The REALLY lucky guy was a close friend of mine who literally just decided on a unit yesterday afternoon, and my dealer was able to accomodate him too). To...
Yes, if anyone could PLEASE answer these questions, it would be greatly appreciated: How does one enter the Service Menu? - and - How does one determine the firmware version of a unit? I decided very recently to go for an RS1, and went and picked one up today. I believe it's one of the recent "2nd wave" units with the revised firmware - but as of right now, I have no way to determine this. Thanks in advance, DC
I'm moving and downsizing my room shortly and am thinking of a Pearl, and was wondering - how close is too close to sit to a 100" Stewart screen using a Pearl? I've heard in general that anything from 2.5 to 4 times picture height is acceptable. For my 100" screen, I'd be approximately 11 feet back (which is less than 3X picture height). Will this be too close? Will I be overwhelmed by too large a picture, and/or see pixel structure detail? Anyone else sitting...
From a variety of threads in this forum, I have garnered that there are some upgrades and tweaks available (or due) for the Qualia 004 projector. I'm not sure if any of these are actually available yet. I'm talking about: (1) The "R2" upgrade to add 1080p/60 input capabilities. Is it actually available for order and installation yet? (last threads I've found say soon - but they're from 2-3 months ago). If not, is there an ETA? Also, what is the status of the...
What's the expected useful lifespan for a Dish 6000 receiver at present? What I mean is - are there any signs or announcements from E* regarding technology changes that might render this receiver obsolete in the near future? I'm talking about what happened with the 5000 (which I got burned on) - or something related to MPEG4 (like what's going on with D*) etc. I'm thinking of picking up a 6000 and getting it mod'ed for R5000 recording, but I don't want to proceed if...