or Connect

Posts by jnelaine

I think you can also hook up the Apple Universal Dock via component cables and watch movies/videos, but the cable isn't included. But for me, I don't really care about that. I just want to listen to music. What else do people use beside the Onkyo or Apple docks if you just want to listen to your iPod music on the 607 (preferably with a remote)
I was just going to post a question to get people's opinion on the UP-A1 since it seems REALLY expensive. I'm looking forward to hearing what people think.
Glad you mentioned it! I probably only have 4 or 5 non-kid movies, but the Matrix is one of them! I'll have to check out the lobby scene. Thanks!
Ok, so I just set up my 607 last night. Unfortunately 95% of the DVDs that we own are kids movies. What are some good ones to test a 5.1 surround system? Chances are, I probably have it. One good one I know is the opening scene to Toy Story 2. I just played that and it was awesome! I'd like to try out a few more scenes from some other movies if anyone knows of any good ones. Thanks
Once my wife was finished with her movie I was able to play around with reprogramming the Harmony One and here's the deal. As you would expect, the DVD input in the Harmony software maps to InputDVD, which is the HDMI1 input on the 607. The VCR/DVR input in the Harmony software maps to InputVideo1, which is the HDMI2 input on the box. Cbl/Sat maps to InputVideo2, which is the HDMI3 input. The Game input maps to InputVideo3, which is the HDMI4 input on the box. Hope...
Thanks, I noticed the same thing about the labels on the Onkyo remote, but the Harmony options for the 607 don't match up. For example, the Onkyo labels HDMI 2 as VCR/DVR but I don't see any InputVCR or InputDVR option in the Harmony software. Here are the full list of inputs that the Harmony gives me to choose...
I just got my TX-SR607 yesterday and I'm starting to reprogram my Harmony One for it tonight. I'm a little confused by the options that the Harmony software is giving me for the inputs on the 607. I expected to see HDMI1, HDMI2, HDMI3... but it only gives me these options: DVD, CD, Video 1, Video 2, Video 3, Tape, and Tuner. Are Video 1, 2 and 3 the HDMI inputs? My wife just started a movie so I can't do any tinkering for a while and test this out, so I figured I'd...
I ordered from J&R late on Monday night, used free shipping and got my receiver 3 days later (I live in Virginia). Not bad! Why wait 3-4 weeks when you can get it in 3-4 days for the same price?
I called J&R two nights ago and they matched 6ave's price as soon as they confirmed the coupon code on 6ave's site. My 607 shipped yesterday and the tracking says it should arrive tomorrow. Sweet!!!
Not sure how long the deal is good for, but I ordered one today and they don't charge shipping. However, since I saved so much money after canceling my Amazon order, I decided to go with the 2-day shipping anyway (and still saved about $80!