or Connect

Posts by JonStatt

You need an HDMI splitter for this. They are very cheap these days (about 20-25 USD). You would connect the PS4 to the HDMI splitter, and then one cable to the HMZ control box, and one cable directly to the TV HDMI input.This is UK Amazon, but there is an example. As you can see, it has one input and two outputs. Please do not confuse this with an HDMI switch which has several inputs, but only one...
You certainly do get a red mark on your forehead after use where the pad touches the head...that is normal and you are absolutely right. But it looked like he had a lower mark as well which I was wondering if it was because the headset needed to be further away from the face. I should have pointed this out in my original reply. But pain?! Discomfort yes, but pain I have never had! The biggest issue I have is my nose! I certainly do not have a huge nose, but even with the...
Just to double check, on the forehead rest, you do know that as well as moving up and down, it moves in and out by sliding the lever below it? Forget the upper strap to start with and just focus on the forehead rest and the lower rear strap. Start by loosening the straps completely. Get a friend or partner to help with this. Hold the HMZ up infront of your eyes and find the position when it is in focus. Now move the forehead rest up and down, or in and out until you find a...
And you didn't feel like a muppet wearing it in public? You have more confidence than me!
On a more meaningful note The important thing to understand as clearly demonstrated is that native (Static on/off) is clearly only a part of the story as it is an optimistic view in a number of aspects 1) It doesn't take into account the APL of the current scene. As the scene increases APL the contrast reduces. For a JVC this means it could be anywhere near its rated on/off spec of say 60,000:1 (X500) to about 250:1 (ANSI) 2) The rated contrast is always optimistic...
As far as looking like a cinema screen....try the curved screen adjustments "Theatre 1" for 16:9 and "Theatre 2" for 1.85:1 . These are only available in 2D. I find they really add the cinema atmosphere. I have never felt it looked like 750 inches of screen, but I always felt it was more like 150"
LoL!
The lower light blocker also presses against your nose as it blocks half the nose entry area! Insane!As you say though, I would NEVER take these on a plane or a train. First they are very delicate/fragile devices. Secondly I think it is dangerous to be unaware of your surroundings and someone could easily knock them off your head....they take several seconds to remove from your head, unlike an eye patch for night flights which takes less than a second. Although the...
Don't feel bad...you were totally misdirected by the Sony rep. On-top of the whole debate about whether the Japanese version is different or not....is the whole debate about what Triluminos display means anyway! Originally Sony used this to describe a particularly clever backlighting technique with some LCD TVs. However, the HMZ doesn't use a backlight. It is an OLED display. Also on the Sony website they use the Triluminos Mobile logo which is also incorrect because it is...
I don't blame you....the lack of consistent marketing is extremely confusing.Just to be clear, have you checked the cardboard box that your unit came in as that is the only place where the complete model number is printed. Mine says HMZ-T3W/BJ. It is on the sticker that also has barcodes/serial numbers etc.