or Connect

Posts by Ron Stimpson

Fatawan, Thanks for the props on that, it should serve you well for many years. DN/Wayne, If anyone used the PEQ besides you two guys, probably we would have heard a few more complaints ;^) We're always working to improve the components in our subs, but indeed it can take a long time depending on where the platform is, how many thousands of parts might have been run, the nature of the issue etc. We're getting the hash marks back on the controls for one thing...
Fatawan, I have to apologize for that mismatch. Indeed we have had a few suppliers for the oak finish and there has been a bit of deviation from the veneer selected a while back when the closeups were prepared. The photos of today's production Plus and Plus/2 subs (and now discontinued Ultras) themselves are quite accurate, but the virtual "swatches" of the veneer are indeed lighter than actual and we'll get that updated. Typically we offer to send out actual...
As noted, very different form factors, with different pros/cons, but very very similar sound (at least when you are comparing like-configurations, such as the PB12-NSD versus the 20-39PCi). While some room interactions might vary from box to cylinder depending on placement, side by side, and calibrated the same, we're willing to bet most folks couldn't tell box and cylinder apart in blind listening. Without straying into marketing, your question comes down to this: one...
Whoops, sorry David! I'll try to back off on any hint of that further. Anyway the message I was trying to impart guys, is that there will be more info trickling out soon which you'll be able to reference off our News page (for subsequent discussion here among other places). Rather mundane things like shipping carton art, manuals etc. still are being finalized on Ultra-13 subs; but since ports, amps and cabinets are different than the PB12-Ultra and PC-Ultra's...
We appreciate the feedback guys, a couple of comments to try and answer a couple points above: We're still not pegging dates or prices on the Powered Box and Powered Cylinder versions of the heavily revised Ultra model lines but the PC-Ultra will likely sneak out a bit earlier than the PB13-Ultra. I wouldn't rule out a smaller sealed Ultra addition to the "Sealed Box" (SB) family but it's not likely for 2007. Having said that, when stuff like this is expressed on...
Joe, Give it time, b-stocks will show up. While returns are few, and broken returned subs even more rare, there will always be people that realize they need/want something else. Give Mason and the crew there a few more weeks with sales and I'm certain you'll have some chances to snap something up at something of a discount anyway. PS WRT prices overall the "NSD" stuff is indeed slotted for an increase (and was when it was introduced as noted); though we're working...
Steve, There will be absolutely no problem with response on dual CS-Ultra's into the 100hz range. I'd even suggest you lighten the load on the Maggies with something a bit higher like an 80hz setting for them (it partly depends on how hard you drive your system naturally). If you were proposing only one CS-Ultra in a large room I could see paring a bit of mid bass down but with duals, with only a bit of care to optimize phase you should have incredible headroom from...
IM, Any sub has got dynamic limits, and I think you found yours, as good as a single PB12-Plus might be. Hindsight being what it is, a Plus/2 would have been the better tool for your job from the get go. More proof that the Sales team only gets it right 99% of the time ;^). But as you noted, we're poised to pull a swap that'll get you closer to the headroom capacity you clearly need. Of course you are as likely as not going to start and wonder about what dual...
"My only dissapointment was that the new NSD upgrade didn't have that nice rubber wrap around the driver like it originally came with that only fits the ISD. But that's just cosmetics. " Dirtraven, Exactly, though while we finally caught up with upgrade woofer demand we pushed hard on a custom wrap-around gasket for the NSD basket. Drop us a line if you want one (it is or will be soon stocked full in our Ohio factory. The new PB12-NSD is already using a version of...
Sony Guy, The "only" upgrade path for you is the NSD driver. Flanges, recesses and the actual performance parameters of our woofers/amps tend to paint you into a corner to a degree and we reluctantly hold the line on upgrades. You have to keep within the family. So Plus customers have had a recent chance to upgrade the the latest generation (you guessed it) Plus woofer. The NSD woofers are what ISD based subs have to swap out if they want. Drop us a line if you...