or Connect

Posts by Ranger

I have the same problem with the 30ft Monoprice RedMere cable.
The filter is 77mm so it's a bit larger than the chassis ring. I used the masking tape to tape the upper and lower portions of the filter to the projector. Ghetto style for now
H9500 has better blacks and much higher dynamic contrast (ultra high contrast) so the picture really pops. The W1070 has a more refined picture. The picture is cleaner, smoother, better colors, and more natural/ film-like. Also it has much less RBE. I prefer the W1070.
There's no way I am watching only 305 lumens on my 120" screen. The picture is plenty bright. I am using Smart-Eco and the brightness is about the same as Normal mode. I had Epson 8500UB and Acer H9500 before (using eco mode) and the W1070 is no dimmer even with the ND4. Also the W1070 is mounted only 12 ft away. The picture is a bit softer and fuzzier now due the quality of the filter I believe. I will try the higher quality Hoya HMC. Bottom line is I am very happy...
I don't have 3D glasses for the W1070 yet but I don't foresee a problem. The H9500 had worse RBE in 2D but I couldn't see it in 3D.
Yes, it's the ND4. I was looking for the ND2 but they don't have so I bought the ND4 to try. I think the brightness is about perfect now on my 120" screen ( I estimate around 500 lumens in Cinema mode, Smart Eco, gamma 2.4). I am going to get the more expensive Hoya HMC ND2 to try.http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketfish%26%23153%3B+-+77mm+Multicoated+Neutral-Density+Lens+Filter/1035003.p?id=1218212155004&skuId=1035003
Yes, the blacks and contrast are better. The picture is very good now. I think the brightness is around 500 lumens now my eyes are relaxed and the RBE is just about gone. I lost a bit of sharpness though, not sure whether it's due to loss of brightness or the cheaper filter ($20 Rocketfish ND4) from BB. I am going to try the more expensive Hoya HMC or B +...
I got the W1070 few days ago and the RBE was quite apparent. I saw it quite often watching Hugo but not as bad as the H9500 I had before. However, because the picture was so bright on my 120" screen even with Cinema mode and Smart eco, I went to Bestbuy to get the ND4 filter. Oh boy, the RBE was just about gone !! I can't believe it. I'd say the RBE got cut by > 85%. I can really enjoy watching movies now without getting distracted. Coderguy mentioned in the past the RBE...
Guys, regarding RBE in 2D, I got the W1070 few days ago and the RBE was quite apparent. I saw it quite often watching Hugo but not as bad as the H9500 I had before. However, because the picture was so bright on my 120" screen even with Cinema mode and Smart eco, I went to Bestbuy to get the ND4 filter. Oh boy, the RBE was just about gone !! I can't believe it. I'd say the RBE got cut by > 85%. I can really enjoy watching movies now without getting distracted. Coderguy...
I was just going to post this question. Since a bunch of us got the W1070 last week from VA and PP, what 3D glasses is everyone planning on getting ? BenQ, Sainsonic, TrueDepth, etc ?