or Connect

Posts by Steve Mehs

No, it's not as bad as everyone cries about. The Extreme 105 tier has a cap of 600 GB, which is really not that bad. One could always sign up for a business account and get unlimited data and Comcast's business prices are much friendlier then Time Warner's. Comcast isn't Verizon Wireless or AT&T Mobility, they don't charge you $10 per gig if you go over your tiny allotment. As long as I can get everything that I get now for roughly the same price, I do not care. As...
Really, really bad analogy if you’re arguing against caps. Water and electric are typically usage based, meaning the more you use, the more you pay. Comcast doesn’t cut you off or limit you after 250 GB or whatever it is, you just get charged extra, $10 for every $50 gigs IIRC. So the more you use, the more you pay, just like in your two examples of water and electric.
Wow Rebecca/Beth looks just as good topless in True Detective as she does in Banshee At the Tmobile Store it really looked like her but she looked slightly different in the bar. Had to IMDB it to make sure it was the same actress. HBO didn't have to go far to find her.
Yes, Epix is a premium service just like HBO and Showtime, I thought it would go without saying that those that want it will have to subscribe to it. As for the ClearQAM stuff, I didn’t ever bother to read that part. Clear QAM doesn’t interest me, just like the addition off extra international channels, so I just ignored it.
Epix Suite gets added on March 18th 595 - Epix HD 596 - Epix West HD 597 - Epix 2 HD 598 - Epix 3 HD 599 - Epix Drive In HD feeds of Nick JR (257) Nicktoons (262) get added on March 28. One day before that FXX gets moved from it's current location on channel 144 to where it was originally supposed to go, channel 109. April 1 sees the addition of TV Games, probably in SD, I don't ever know if they have an HD feed available. Next week the new LA Dodgers channel launches...
No one in their right mind should consider satellite if they have access to other broadband options. HughesNet maxes out 15/2 (and good luck getting that), with a 40 GB/month cap, with a lovey 2 year contract, insane latency for the ultra-low price of $130/month. I wouldn't wish satellite internet on my worst enemy. Not sure if they still do it, but a there used to have a daily limit of 169Mb data transfer and you would be FAP'd to dial up speed. I would imagine Wild...
What do you mean by slow? What functions are slow for you?
I do not understand what you mean by 90 or 120 minutes depending where you start. The guide spans 120 minutes. Sure one more channel could fit at the bottom but where would you place the information found there? The TW logo and the legally obligated TV Guide logo could be placed at the top somewhere, but there would be no room for A or B. The text size is fine. My uncle has Dish and on their 35 or 36” TV the guide with the three hour’s worth of programming is just...
Not exactly sure what you mean by ‘still eight stations’. It’s actually 7 channels over two hours of time, as opposed to the old UI which was 5 channels over 90 minutes of time. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but right now I would have to say TWs guide is one of the best in the industry. DirecTV is 6 channels over 90 minutes, Dish is 6 channels over 3 hours, Verizon is 6 channels over 2 ½ hours with that repulsive looking guide. In comparing as best as I can...
The 8742HDC is the best Cisco box, not sure if the 3272 is the best Samsung box or if something else came out. The previous generation Cisco, the 8642HDC is also pretty good. I have both the 8742 and 8642, the 87 was slightly faster and more responsive the the 86, prior to 7.2.0_5, but I didn't play with the 8642 enough last night to see if that still holds true. All three of these DVRs are MOCA compatible and designed for Whole Home DVR use, but I have seen two people...