or Connect

Posts by jk

January 3, 2002 2:05 PM MST Roxborough Village (Littleton) 19 miles straight by air from Republic Plaza Channel 17 - 40 Channel 18 - 88 Channel 32 - 64 Channel 35 - 88 RCA - DTC 100 (software version A05.10.) with "cheap" indoor amplified antenna Philips/Magnavox MANT400 pointed NNW
Greetings to all in Denver HDTV community. After almost year of reading AVS forum, today I finally registered myself. My HD box RCA DTC-100 showed today CH 35-1 Digital (CBS) with weak signal. PBS (Digital CH 18) was earlier today on 6-1 (Colorado loop) and 6-2, anybody with same experience? ABC (Digital CH 17) is in my area lately with worse reception then before, but I can still get it. To members who did not have chance to see Mark Cuban's HDnet (DirecTV - CH 199) go to...
Hi amigenius, I made a DIY ceiling mount for a NEC XG110. If you want to know details, email me. It's to difficult to explain it in english ;-) Jochen
Doug, what do you mean with data field? Some kind of test pattern or grid generated by a HTPC? What do you use as reference on the screen? What about the memory usage? Do you mean that point alignment/convergence uses more memory. If yes I think it is no problem, if only max. 10 setups are stored. Or it is possible to run out of memory with only one setup, because one setup has no access to the hole memory? I plan to make setups only for 1440 x 920 @ 72Hz for all aspect...
Vern, I think so too. So I looked for a method to measure everything everytime while geometry setup. Doug, thanks for the tip. It is nice to learn more about the NEC and the hidden features. Would you recommend this method compared with the internal patterns. Jochen
I have a 150" DA-Lite Cosmopolitan Electrol which is mounted on a wall with a window and a balcony door. Now a (motorized) masking system should be applied. There are only horizontal masks necessary because the screen is used with constant width. If possible I would think about a masking system like this: http://www.kathiejohnson.com/masking.html But because of the balcony door it is not possible to have parts of the system permanently mounted on the floor. Between the...
For untrained persons like me it is hard to make the right adjustments with the circle. I can see that something is wrong, but what exactly? And if the circle seems to be perfect, than I ask myself, is it really perfect. Are 95% enough ;-) With the reference grid the geometry setup is as 'easy' as the convergence setup. Jochen
I looked around here how to make a perfect geometry setup and found only things like marking the center or the borders for a given aspect ratio. But how to check the points within the picture? Maybe I didn't search long enough... Here is the way how I did it: A few days ago Alan Gouger has posted about ALIGN.EXE by Imtech. With this program you can generate your own cross patterns. The first idea was to generate a pattern which is equal to one of the internal patterns of...
Chuck, thanks for the quick reply. I have checked the raster positions. Green was nearly perfect. Red and blue were out of center in way that they meet at the same position on the screen, if the mechanical adjustment is the same for R and B. So I thought that this was the reference and green is out of center. Now after adjusting the position of the PJ exactly to the screen, green is centered good to the screen. After normalizing the raster position in the reference...
I have replaced my old Sony 1270 with a NEC XG110LC (XG1101G) and have some setup questions. The PJ was used for a rear projecton tv. It has HD-18 lenses. Mechanical adjustment: If the PJ is in the right position (screen size 120' (width) -> distance 171'), the green raster is not centered to the middle of the screen. If static convergence is set to 0 for all colors, the mechanical adjustment for the red tube has to be set to the position for a 180' screen size, and...