or Connect

Posts by bkilian

Completely useless? I use the voice control in Netflix to pause during the show once the controller switches itself off
Engineering post about the Kinect Tuner: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/Engin...0-kinect-tuner One of my coworkers will be posting in more detail about the Audio part, but for now it has good suggestions.
I have no idea what causing this issue. Do you have your wife's Gamertag? Is she on Live?You're not the only one. One of the problems is we want people to be able to turn the box off from anywhere, but speech recognition is a title library, and so only works in games/apps that support it. Also, even in "sleep" mode, we would not be able to use voice to turn it on. We actually process the audio on the 360 for speech, so the console would have to be on for you to be able to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Myrtledog What, you don't like 40 gallon jars of Mayo? Actually their meats are quite good. We usually go and buy a ton of meats and then freeze them. The prices for Xbox stuff isn't really any better than you can get elsewhere. They also have really fresh Salmon here, and I buy the meat I use for making Biltong at Costco too. (and my Pioneer Kuro was a Costco buy, half price because it was the previous years...
The Kinect uses almost 200Mbit of data throughput. 802.11g is max 54Mbit, in practice half that or less. 802.11n is theoretically 600Mbit, but that's with 4 antennas optimally configured. I've not seen an AP go higher than 150-180. The wireless we use for the controllers is probably in the 1Mbit range. All the streams we currently send would still be required if we did more processing on the device. (It is useful for developers to have access to the depth map and color...
Quote: Originally Posted by Slordak Doesn't that only work in Kinect-aware games? I mean, I don't think you'd want the microphone on it just "enabled all the time" as if it were the microphone on your headset (without the mute switch!). Same for not wanting the camera to automatically broadcast an image of you to anyone you happen to be chatting with... If you have the "use kinect for chat" setting enabled, then the microphone is listening all...
There is this one, but at $50, it's pricey. Your other option is to plug the Kinect in close to where it's situated, and then use a normal USB extension.
Quote: Originally Posted by onlysublime I have a question for you. Do you foresee any updates to the noise cancellation features? The reason I ask is that in my current setup, I have sound coming downward from the ceiling (built into the ceiling). When I'm playing ESPN or something loud, the Kinect has more difficulty recognizing my voice commands. When the environment is quiet, I can speak very quietly (between whisper and normal voice level) and...
I'm only in charge of audio, not video However, your 3 year old appears to be below the supported minimum of 40", so our algorithms will have some issues with her. Lucklily they grow fast at that age I'm with you on kinectimals. There needs to be a way to get your cub to eat that annoying flying rat.
The camera detects it's orientation and will not turn on if it is upside down. (Or tilted, or shaking, etc). Basically, it would mess with our algorithms as they currently stand, so we don't allow it.The amount of work required to make it backward compatible compared to the number of games released for the Live vision Cam was not deemed a good spend of our very limited time. We'd rather spend the time enabling new cooler features than appease the like 5 people who use...