or Connect

Posts by AndyM

i don't consider this good news. Twilight Times! That means EXPENSIVE !! and not necessarily quality to reflect that price either. i wish another distributor had won the rights to this.
i've seen a sample of a blu-ray. can't be sure it's this one; but those screen shots look pretty close to what i saw. looks ****. nice work there MGM.
give or take 7 months.
i'm assuming this is the european version of your ZT60 : http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/tvs/panasonic-tx-p60zt65-review-50011762/ in the list of bad points ... some motion issues ! i recall the fun days i had with the 65VT50. Could put out a great picture but motion on blu-rays was terrible. blur, judder, dynamic false contouring. all showed up to the party. now that i've got rid of that thing, and some would call me crazy, i'm tempted by the ZT range. simply because there...
so that's what this problem was. it played havoc with my last PC. took the temps up to 80c - even when i pressed pause. star wars was one of the problematic discs. i asked cyberlink about this. they had know idea what was going on. figures. i'm using the trial of PowerDVD12 now and have had no such issues on i5 Processor/Windows 8.
thanks for all your replies.not yet. i've fiddled and have not got blacks down to something i'm happy with. i will try these though. thanks.they to do me. the perceived levels. it's just in a dark room with dark material, it all turns to grey. it's disappointing given how blacks look in lighter scenes.tried that. i guess it improves things a bit. but it's not the "cinematic experience" i was after. you don't put the light on in the cinema to improve the black levels. i...
had this set for a month now. really disappointed in the black levels when watching in a dark room. with ambient light, things are OK, but turn the lights out for that more cinematic experience and blacks are nothing but greys (when watching dark scenes). i might as well be watching an LCD panel. i'm wondering if i've got a defective unit. everyone has been going on about the fantastic blacks. i've only seen anything close to these when watching in a room with...
thanks all for your feedback. yes, i do have the UK/European panel. sorry, i should have mentioned that. but under the hood, they are more or less the same technology, aren't they ? thanks for the HDTVTest link. i'll head over there. sounds like they might some insight. got to admit, i love the images on the VT50. every blu-ray so far has been great. except when things start to move or go dark :/ funny, i went for a plasma for blacks and better motion handling. the...
thanks for the feedback sdrucker.i am thinking about getting this set calibrated. but my initial reaction was simply, do i have a faulty set ? i'm just not seeing those dark, inky blacks that everyone else seems to be getting. i hope things do improve over the next 100 hours and will definitely look into calibration.i do have motion smoother setting off. tried it. it went off, straight away. the judder goes, but everyone moves around rather oddly on top of the SOE. it's...
recently taken delivery of the TX65. 24 hrs later ... mixed feelings. while it can produce some of the most amazing images i've seen, it's got some pretty bad drawbacks. and i don't understand why. would really appreciate it if someone could offer me some insight. 1. black levels : everyone said they're REALLY good on this set. some of the best. but in my limited experience, this set can't do black. at all. not even close. dark grey, but not black. the perceived black...