or Connect

Posts by AndyM

so what's the consensus on this title ? is it as good as the HDNET one sounds ? that review never materialised, so still in the dark ...
just screened liar liar ... are universal serious ? is this some elaborate wind up ? not waterworld bad, but still, chalk up another underwhelming one from this studio. if universal want to play this game, then i'm out. i've canceled ALL of my universal pre-orders. i'll take their product on a case by case basis. treading with caution. i'm not paying full $$$ for a recycled "mediocre" transfer. i don't care if it does look better than the DVD. at this point, it's hard to...
this hard coating comes into it's own for badly packaged boxsets like planet earth. two of the discs came loose in transit (hardly surprisingly given the poor design of the case). no scratches. glad i went with the blu-ray set ... wouldn't like to think what the HD-DVD discs would have looked liked.
nothing special. 720 LCD (Hitachi TX200). but using other titles as a reference point, i know what is achievable within these limitations, and it's enough to be able to see EE in all it's glory. which is a shame. this isn't why i bought into HD. it's very clear that these discs are a significant upgrade to the DVDs, but i wish we could have all the pluses of HD without the halos. i'd like to upgrade to a 1080 projector, but i'm having doubts. if the majority of studio...
EE ruined it for me. not completely ruined, but let the experience down quite a bit (100" screen). wonder if warner used an old HD master ? or whoever worked on this title was a bit of an idiot (ee on HD ? hello ? ) either way, i would have expected better from warner on such a big title. not saying it's bad, just not as technically impressive as i was expecting. nice to see number 2 doesn't have this problem (edit: scratch that. it does have some. grrrr!) i...
looks like it could be a while. warner seem to be avoiding catalog titles from this era. seems as if we have new and old (70s and back) releases, but not much in the middle. would love to see contact, twister, maverick, shawshank, gremlins ...
you'd be surprised .... reviewers are not the holy grail. they been wrong before MANY times.
at last, some sane people !!!! why did this get 5/5 for PQ ? some of these reviewers are watching on screens that are TOO small. this is the problem with watching on 100"+ front projection displays. you get to see the flaws that others apparently don't. on 100" @720, i had the same experience as the two posters above with Matrix 1. yes, there were halos (apparently it looks like studios can't produce transfers without these errors on many on their catalog titles...
but universal welcomed it with open arms on the DVD ... which was a mess. looks like some of the problem was down to the HD master. good one universal. "the look and sound of perfect" my ass. more like "we really couldn't give a sh*t how it looks or sounds". i hate these quality fluctations. this is why i'm always nervous about pre-ordering anything from these hacks.
is it me or is their a slight edginess to Matrix 1 ? seems like any scene with a dark object in front of a white background has what looks like a halo. has edge enhancement made it into the future ?