or Connect

Posts by rebop

Just subscribing to this thread. I have a 95 I love. Don't see a "need" for the 105, but perhaps. Reading with interest. ~Bob
Thanks guys. Never used the remote since I programmed my Harmony so I was not sure. And use fixed out controlling from my processor. As long as it doesn't require retrimming all the channels, seems good to me.
All the other updates are understandable except this one. Is this referring to only the output level or in some way the trims on speakers or....? 7. Provided smaller volume control adjustment step through the Analog audio outputs. Previously the Volume Control adjusts at 5 per step in the index and 2 dB per step in the level. This firmware allows volume control at 1 per step in the index (100, 99, 98, 97, ...), 0.5 dB per step in the level for BDP-95, 1 dB per two...
Got the WYWH SACD yesterday and disappointed. I have a high end system and experience in Pro Audio for many years. My take is that the bottom end is very good, the MCH is mixed a bit hot, but both "some of the guitars" and definitely vocal are band limited and missing upper mids and high freqs while also being mixed too far down in the mix. I do like the bottom end. I did hear things I have not heard before (or noticed) in the vinyl or CD. But verified by playing the 2...
Sorry about the confusion Bill The IDD (Inter Device Delay) can prevent a device from seeing a command while commands to another device are being sent. It is limited to 3 seconds. It also assumes the device that is caused to wait is powered on. But also not the appropriate solution for this problem as the commands being sent are the power ons and they happen quickly no matter what at the start of an activity. In this case, my problem occurs when everything is powered...
Thanks Martin, but the IDD is limited to 3 seconds and also can make other uses more difficult. The Sony TV takes 14 seconds before it will power on, do what it needs to boot then switch inputs. So the start up of the Oppo needs to be delayed between 10 and 14 seconds. With the new HDMI handshaking in the beta firmware, there seems to be no way around this in my setup from a cold start. If devices are already on and I switch activities, not problem. But if all off, it is...
Can't be done. I have the 1000, btw. Takes tier two support to manually add a delay in the xml file which is no longer available to the user. I'm talking to Logitech support about adding this in 5 activities I have that use the Oppo.
Exactly right. But up until installing the beta firmware, this was not the case. So handshaking has changed. Harmony cannot delay the turn on of any device. I'm told their tech support can insert a delay so that TV is on and switched before Oppo is powered on. But that would have to be done on each activity that uses the Oppo (6 I think?) and then if new firmware changes things, might have to be done again or undone. Not sure how I will skin this one. But at least know...
Oppo said the same thing this morning. Turning on TV, changing inputs and then turning on the Oppo has no problem. So next I need to see if I can program enough delay into my Harmony to automate this.
Well, first let's say again that this NEVER happened before this firmware. So it HAS to be related. Now, I use a Harmony remote so it has been a very long time since I looked at which device turns on first or what order. If playing a DVD for example, I turn on the Oppo, TV, Processor. No clue which is first. I could find out, but if I need to that would be as a result of this firmware change. Depending on the state devices were left in after the last time used...