or Connect

Posts by wsalopek

Hi folks, I have a simple 2.1 system in a small room, using an Epson 8350 projector along with the Boston Acoustics Soundware XS Digital Cinema which has an optical in as well as analog in's. The optical in is needed to allow the Digital Cinema to decode the digital signal into virtual surround. As far as I know, the analog inputs won't do that. Without getting into all the pros/cons of 2.1, virtual surround, etc, my question is, is there a Home Theater receiver or...
Hi guys, I have owned a few projectors over the years, but have now been on a 6-year drought. The house I am in now has a small room that I can use as a "theater"...viewing distance is about 9 feet, and from what I read from THX and SMTPE, I want about a 36-degree field-of-view, which amounts to an 80-inch screen (-ish). I have been reading a lot of reviews, and sometimes folks talk about a projector being TOO BRIGHT for a room (wan't much of a concern 5-10 years ago,...
You can see it, on your PC/Laptop?Phone/Tablet display...
Bill...perhaps we got off to a bad start...but to me, even if "insult" was not the right word to use, it certainly sounded like you were jumping right down my throat and calling me stupid.Anyway, with the possible exception of the idea that the heaters might get tipped over during a time period when the outlet was OFF (as in, the wall outlet turned off by the possible wall thermostat), and then that the heater's own safety switch would not reactivate when the wall...
How is controlling a heater by thermostat any different than turning it on with a switch, or with it's OWN thermostat? These units are ALREADY thermostatically operated. And in fact, using a wall/wireless thermostat will not add ANY extra risk, as the heaters own built-in thermostat would still be in use. These heaters are designed/built to be turned on and then left alone to heat a room...many many people use these as their sole source of heat, turning them on in...
Hi guys... I have a room heated by two standard electric space heaters (1500 watt, 120v), plugged into standard electric wall outlets. Instead of using their built-in thermostats, I would like to have a wall-mounted thermostat which would send on/off commands to the wall receptacles into which the heaters are plugged in, based on temperature. I have "chatted" with Smarthome, and directly with X10, and both said no, that product does not exist (I guess it's some kind of...
Both the play 3 and Play 5 can do the stereo pair...just looked it up on the Sonos website: http://blog.sonos.com/products/tip-h...e-stereo-pair/
Oh good grief....I said that wrong. I meant to say:An advantage of the Play 3 over the Play 5...the Play THREE can be hooked up to be a stereo pair...and the FIVE cannot be hooked up as a stereo pair.
Please correct me if I'm wrong... An advantage of the Play 3 over the Play 5...the Play 5 can be hooked up to be a stereo pair...and the 5 cannot.
The other thing of course is that the Play 5 has an AUX IN, the Play 3 doesn't...that could be quite important. I think it's really dumb that they didn't put an AUX IN on the Play 3. What could that have cost? $5?