or Connect

Posts by Renegade87

So, i did hear back from Kenwood. They told me to "Reset the Unit". Wow, earth shattering suggestion! I shouldn't be surprised. After all, you're corporate IT help desk tech is going to suggest you reboot your work PC at the first sign of trouble. Why should Kenwood (Pioneer, Alpine, etc.) be any different? Obviously, that didn't work. Like the unit wouldn't be reset each time I had to disconnect the negative battery cable (as described above and in my various emails to...
Thanks Dude, I was already 99% there, but just wanted to see if somebody knew of an easy fix. Even with the Pioneer, it'll be close to $1000 when complete. We'll see
Anybody? I wrote to Kenwood and the installer last night. Hopefully I can get some good(cost effective) options. If not, I see a new Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH in my future
Hey Guys, So I have a 2009 Toyota Venza into which I installed a Kenwood KVT-614 DVD Receiver, Kenwood KNA-G510 GPS Unit and Kenwood KCA-BT200 Bluetooth Unit. I also had all of the stock speakers replaced. So now it's 4 years after the initial purchase and I'm having some issues with both the Head Unit and the BT Unit. 1) KVT-614 DVD Receiver - though it sounds great through all of the various inputs I use on it, It has a recent tendency to jump from one radio station...
(although I just skimmed many of the replies...my bad) I didn't see it addressed in the responses in this thread yet, but does anyone know or have you tried watching 3D content (On Demand) using this (DVR) box?
Last weekend I got the Comcast X1 DVR box (5 tuners, 500GB HD) and 4 of the X1 HD satellite boxes. After some temporary slow firmware update issues on one of the boxes everything went fine. Here are the advantages over the DCX3400 platform as I see them: 1) 5 tuners 2) 1080p upscaling (noticably improved picture quality) 3) surround audio option (use this option to output to an AVR/Pre-Pro) 4) faster & cleaner tuner operation when changing channels I'm outputting the...
I too noticed this not long after I ordered my new BDP-93. I placed the order on 8/22 (Amazon) and the player was delivered on 8/29. It did ship directly from Oppo in California. Maybe I got one of the last 93's made?If they are replacing the 93 as has been reported, then I'm hoping Oppo continues to support it with future firmware updates at least in the near term.
Hey Guys, I'm sure this has been asked, but I didn't have the time to weed through the search results. I have the 905 (DUH!), a PS3, and a new Sony KDL-55HX800 3D TV. The PS3 and Sony TV are 3D compatible (the TV requires the optional transmitter, but that's not a problem depending on the outcome of this issue). Since th TX-NR905 was manufactured prior to 3D implementation, it does not generally support it. What I was wondering, is if you set the HDMI mode to...
UPDATE: Sony shipped my KDL-55HX800 and I will be receiving it TODAY! So, when I get home from work, I'll have a nice big, shiny new LED LCD to hang on my newly mounted Sanus wall mount! Oh yes, football on Thanksgiving will be very sweet indeed! TrevorK, Sony charged my credit card $664 for the same TV they're offering to you for $725. Maybe you can negotiate a better offer...
Thanks mweflen. I sent the docs certified mail. They received them on Tuesday (11-16). So I called last night to check. They said my claim was approved and within 2-3 weeks I'll receive wriiten notification on the shipment of my new KDL-55HX800. Followed by a call from the carrier to confirm a delivery schedule. I am very happy about this thus far. Hopefully Sony won't drag this out. In the meantime, My stepson is preparing to put the KDS-50A2000 in his bedroom to use...