or Connect

Posts by Grimjack

Can anyone recommend a supplier that will verify they are shipping a recently manufactured bulb? If not, does it seem that PCNation is shipping only new bulbs?
Can anyone recommend a source to purchase the new bulbs from? Also is the the new firmware required to use the new bulbs? I have a Boxlight455m which does not have firmware updates online (to the best of my knowledge at least).
Any word on when the Greyhawk will be available for purchase? It sounds like the perfect fit for my Boxlight455m(Infocus 340 clone). How much should I prepare to spend for a 4x3 100" fixed mount?
Walter, You can use the screen size calculator at www.projectorcentral.com to figure out the throw distance ranges for any screen sizes for this projector. It you can find it by looking up the projector by name in their projector database.
I was looking at the same price range and ended up buying an Infocus340 clone, the Boxlight455 for under $3000. It doesn't have motorized zoom or focus but is 1200 lumens and has a very good internal scaler. I haven't set up a HTPC yet because the internal scaler has worked so well. The only complaint I have so far is a halo effect around the outside of the screen from light leakage. The leakage is primarily through the lens but I have minimized it by putting a black...
Has anyone tried viewing HDTV on this projector? It is listed as HDTV compatible, but is only SVGA so can I assume for a 16x9 image it scales to 800x450. What HDTV modes will it accept and what type of connection do you need to use since the is no component input?
I ended up ordering a Boxlight CD-455m (Infocus LP340 clone), It was delivered yesterday but I only had an hour to check it out last night. I checked it out under pretty horrible conditions: plaster wall for a screen, DVD connected with svideo, no tweaking for colors or contrast. So far its looked better than I expected. It was the first time my wife has seen a DVD in anamorphic mode, she was impressed enough to accept my "lunatic spending". I did notice the light leakage...
I was about 2 seconds away from ordering the Infocus340 on Friday afternoon, but now I'm having second thoughts. Hearing good things about the internal scaler made me realize that I would watch a significant amount of SDTV for sports if the quality has OK. But I still am looking for the best DVD quality for the buck, so the possibility of a problem that causes bad HTPC compatibility scares me. As long as the picture quality, colors and black levels are at least as good as...
I am shopping around for a entry level projector in the $2,000 to $3,000 price range primarily for DVD viewing. I have a dedicated room with complete light control (basement) with a 10' to 20' range for ceiling mount distance from screen. I would prefer a screen size of 84' to 120'. I would be watching primarily anamorphic DVDs, so a good 16x9 picture would be a prime concern. I am willing to put together a HTPC if necessary, but it would be an additional cost. So far I...