or Connect

Posts by Sizam

How are people feeling about room reflections on the ZT60 while playing content? I have the VT60 and its like a black mirror as far as reflections go and for this I'm considering exchanging it for a ZT.
Are there discreet remote codes for specific Picture Modes? Professional 1 and Professional 2 in particular? I have one set for Day and one set for Night and would like to toggle between them w/one button.
I finally upgraded my ATI 4xxx card to a 5450 so I can play HD Audio codecs from an MKV container, so I run MakeMKV on a disc, get a file and run it in TotalMedia Theater which resulted in horrible tearing if I let TotalMedia Theater change the refresh to 24hz and some tearing if it was left at 60hz. The 'info panel' shows H264 if that helps at all. I searched around here and elsewhere and people think its a refresh rate mismatch, how do you fix that? If I just play the...
I have a 60VT60 and I am also very sensitive to noise from my AV stack. If I have sound off I can kind of hear the hard drive in my HTPC (need to get an SSD) and can hear buzzing from the VT60 if a bright white slide is up but I don't notice the fan noise. If there is any sound at all from the speakers I can't hear anything from the TV, HTPC, Amp etc (except for the XBox, that thing is like a tornado).
I've had a week with my Panasonic P60VT60 and its truly awesome in all ways but one, the reflections on the screen from light sources in the room are a little irritating. There is a lamp behind our couch that casts a very strong reflection when on and if my wife is using her laptop I can see her face reflected in the screen. I'm reading that the ZT60 line has an 'antireflective coating', is that something the VT60 series doesn't have, are there some other improvements in...
Just got my 60VT60 in and am playing with the picture modes, couple questions: -Cycling through the modes its obvious there is more going on between the modes than just the settings I have access to, for instance 'standard' looks SO BLAND and no amount of tweaking can get it to the 'Home Theater' or 'THX etc' settings, what are the core differences between modes that I can't adjust? -The Black Level settings 'Dark' and 'Light', I was watching a show with many dark scenes...
Not sure if it'll resolve my question but looking at the numbers I assume both can be calibrated to look pretty much the same in a 'dim lighting' (lighting = 2/5) scenario. I'm curious how much better the Panasonic will look in 'no lighting' (lighting = 1/5) vs how much better the Samsung will look in a 'low lighting' (lighting = 3/5). I'm currently leaning towards the Panasonic because I really want some awesome lows but if the Panasonic is marginally better in no...
Good points hitting on what I figured already and thanks for the heads up on the shootout in May which will hopefully shed some light (or lack thereof!) on matters, I think I can manage that much patience . In the meantime I'll hunt down a store that has both and load up a USB dongle as you suggest.
You're totally right. I am looking for a TV that will shine in a dim/dark room but won't be unbearable in a room with low lighting 'ok' is good enough, I'd rather compromise the bright viewing situation in favor of awesome dark-dim-low light situation. I'm concerned that subjectively the delta in 'deep blacks' between the two is lets say 10% better on the Panasonic but the brights are 30% better on the Samsung even though the numbers seem to say the Panasonic is better...
I had initially been considering a ZT60 but have lowered my sites on a Panasonic 60VT60 or Samsung 60F8500 and am trying to use the numbers people are finding in their tests to help figure out which one might be The One. Lets start with 'Deep Blacks', the VT60 has been measured in one review to be between 0.003 cd/m2 and 0.005 cd/m2 where the F8500's is 0.02 cd/m2 according to this review. So the VT60 can be 4x darker! Now brightness, one of those previous reviews...