or Connect

Posts by robertmee

If it went to good use to someone on the forum, I'd gladly take $50 for it....I just hate to see it go to waste. Maybe I should start a virtual garage sale....next up a Focus Quadscan Elite DT w/ faroujda chipset....Man how the times have changed
Been a long time since I've been active here. So, pardon my perhaps silly question. Back in the day, Extron Matrix switchers were well received for whole house video distribution. I had several, and developed the Extron drivers for CQC during the early years. I've since moved on to a much smaller home and my focus has changed in my old age, so I find myself with a bunch of 'stuff' I don't know what to do with. First and foremost is an 8x8 Extron 200 RGBHV matrix...
You don't. Your HDTV is able to tune the channels because it likely has an ATSC or QAM tuner in it. The Marantz likely does not. If your TV has an audio out option you could connect that to the Marantz, but it isn't likely that your TV will have anything but 2 ch stereo on those outputs. The other option is to use a tuner box from the cable company (assuming you have cable service) and take the audio out of the tuner box to the Marantz.
A couple of suggestions/questions: What do you mean, run parallel to the 2nd, 3rd and so forth for your speakers? In the end, you will need a speaker wire connection from each speaker back to the closet, not a speaker wire from one speaker to the next (that's more like a 70V system). I would not do the stereo to mono. If you want to use single speakers use dual voice coil speakers. They have two coils, and still maintain the stereo signal. You will need the full...
I've seen these mentioned a couple of times now....Nice solution for a single cat5. Have you actually used these yet? Care to do a review?
For best results always use active (powered) baluns. The best for 1080p: http://www.audiocontrol.com/258502/p...-BVHD--10.html
The monoprice 4x4's have been out of stock for awhile so don't hold your breath on those. Also, when they were shipping, it was sometimes hit or miss depending on the sources as to whether they consistently work. If you read the reviews on the HDMI wallplates, you'll note that they too are hit and miss depending on the device. Add in the complexity of a matrix switch and again you may be in for more headaches than you anticipate. Lastly, those HDMI wallplates are not...
No wireless for HD.... Depending on whether you are using component or HDMI, just use a 1x2 splitter/amp from your source in the LR. Take one leg of the splitter to your LR TV and the other to the BR TV. You'll have the problem of how you plan on controlling your source from the BR tho....
The ATON unit is likely going to be your most cost effective solution for HDMI via UTP cables....Even though it is more generally accepted, distributed video/audio is still a niche market and the components still sell for niche prices. You can't walk into a walmart or Best Buy and get the same functionality. You could go cheaper with the monoprice 4x4 units and in-wall HDMI cables but then you are limited to length and married to HDMI forever unless you run them in...
Crestron, AMX or CQC with the appropriate perhiphials would be able to handle all your needs. Are you attempting this DIY or are you going to hire a professional?