or Connect

Posts by wormzer

haha. I actually tried to sign up, and after a 20 minute sign up process, charter customer service HUNG UP ON ME. I got routed to another CS and they wanted to take my order and I didn't feel like going through the whole thing again so I GAVE UP. So I figure I dodged a bullet. Still proudly a non-charter customer! I signed up for mlb.com for $110 for the year and am super happy with my antenna + DSL setup.
Man, maybe they need to move their tower to my house. I've been picking up KEYT-DT pretty darn fine this whole time. I don't watch ABC much, but know I watched the oscars in high def without a hitch.
Ya, I think I'm just going to go for it and see what happens. $30 for install, but no contract. The sales guy just didn't have a clue about QAM. It's amazing how little sales people know about what they're selling.
I'm on antenna now in San Luis Obispo, but am considering Charter's $9.99 basic cable offer. I of course am going to want to tune in clear QAM but am not sure if the "basic cable" filter (only channels 2-26 are included) will filter out the clear QAM frequencies or not. I figure getting this question answered over the phone might be near impossible so I wondered if anyone on the forum has any experience receiving clear QAM with just the basic 2-26 package in SLO. ...
And even more perspective, KSBY's digital signal from cuesta ridge runs at 1,000 kW with over 7,000 times more power than KEYT repeater. Can someone explain the reasoning behind KEYT running such a low power antenna at all? I can only figure it adds to their total number of viewers for advertising revenue calculations? matt
(I should have probably made it clear that I'm talking about OTA KCET -- no more cable bill for me!) And just to answer my own question -- I just talked to the tech guy at KCET about the K16FC repeater (and man, these tech guys are always so cool when you can finally get through to them). He said that low power repeaters will be allowed to broadcast after the 2/09 date, but KCET is planning on a digital upgrade anyways (maybe this year I think?) to help reduce confusion....
I won't go on about how my KEYT-DT picture has been flawless for months now in south-slo so I'll ask another question. Does anyone know what the plan is for PBS broadcasting in SLO? I'm able to pull in the KCET repeater off of cuesta no problem (K16FC) but is there a plan for K16FC-DT? Worst case: it goes away completely I suppose.
Wow -- good memory! Yes I do have two antennas running, but I use the second one for PBS(channel 16) only. KSBY comes through the back side of the 91x+CM7777 configuration just fine (90%+) You have to give Fusion props because my Hauppauge 1600 falls flat with the exact same signal. Trouble is, my fusion is the old Lite version that is no longer supported. Guess I'll be holding onto XP for a while longer...
I waited about 10 days before filing my report here -- just waiting to lose the signal, but it's kept up rather well. We watched a Brady Bunch (recorded around 4:00 pm) and it had lots of video studders, but only one or two audio drops. Other shows are coming in fine tho. I do have a CM7777 that's pumping up the signal a bit, and yeah, I've got a real tall house, with perfect southern exposure, so that's all good. I wonder how much credit to give my Fusion tuner card,...
(just a reminder -- I've got a 91x pointed at SB from southern SLO, near the ariport) I tuned up my antenna system a couple weeks ago with some better connectors -- (ideal compression connectors over junk Home Depot crimp-on -- thanks Brian!) and realigning and am now receiving KEYT-DT1 and DT2 good enough to watch and record. There is the occasional dropout (sound is continuous, but picture skips) but not more than one a minute at the worst and many half-hour shows...