or Connect

Posts by John_Coltrane

Thanks for the heads up, took full advantage of it sans the extra 20% discount since they aren't taking coupons (any longer?). 2 days plus a few hours, if anyone else is interested.
Hello all, I also have a ReplayTV and have just installed the new Explorer 8000 box. Hoping some of you can share your experiences, as I have a few questions and observations. First, where the heck is the manual?! I spoke with with the TWNYC "digital" rep, who basically was clueless regarding the box. She advised that the manuals haven't been "printed" yet!! Beyond that she had basically NO knowledge regarding the box. Anyone is about to do an install,...
Quote: Originally posted by scochran666 This certainly is NOT a viable option for a large number of users. You are assuming that everyone who has a 2xxx/3xxx box has (or has access to) broadband, and that's just not true. It wouldn't matter if they gave my mom a free broadband only 5xxxx box, with lifetime service, it would NOT be able to replace her 3060 because dial up is her only option. The only way this could possibly work is for them to release a...
suppose, a little wierd since you can change channels with the cable remote while the cable guide is up. The guide has that little window so you can peruse the guide and still watch a show. Yup, that's seem to be it. Just did an experiement, went live, pulled up the cable guide, then attempted to change channels with the Replay remote. No go! It does the little 1 second black, the Replay "Display" pops up showing the intended channel (it wants to switch to), then...
Tried to Delete this but I get the message, I don't have permission. Edit-->check box-->delete. Not working.
I've also learned episodes are posted to alt.binaries.multimedia as well. THANK YOU beautiful lady!
Does anyone have this weeks episode? I've got a ShowStopper 2000 so it can't be sent to my Replay, unfortunately. If anyone has it please contact me, ltstar@nyc.rr.com. I will be in your debt! If you do have it, could you, would you, upload to a binary newsgroup. There's no binary group for The Amazing Race, but the Survivor group is always empty so that's a good candidate. If you need info on how and the best way to do this let me know. In the...
My ShowStopper 2000 wacked out on me tonight. Not sure what happened, but it did not get The Amazing Race. I have a guaranteed recording setup for Enterprise (ch.9) and then The Amazing Race (ch.2). It recorded Enterprise, but failed to switch channels to get The Amazing Race. It did, however, record as schedule, which means it recorded Twilight Zone, which follows Enterprise on ch.9. What happened? The only thing different than usual, was that I inadvertently...
PMFJI, I was just perusing the thread as I'm interested in the Audiotron. DougF, As already suggested, networking is a snap and a dedicated PC for mp3 is the way to go. You could put together a one from some old pc parts; or I'm sure you have a friend who could do it. Cost $0-200. You don't need a powerful CPU nor anything recent. Older CPU means older motherboard, etc. So, like I've said you could cobble together something from old parts. Re the TV...
>>I know that the Showstoppers can be hooked to the internet but I have not done it. << How so, and to what purpose. I'm a new user, so please excuse me.