or Connect

Posts by ddell

Hi, I recently updated my projector to the Epson 5010E and I'm looking to replace my old 4-3 Da-lite screen with a 16:9 screen - probably with another vendor, since I, too, have been affected by the greasy breakdown of the vinyl in the Da-Lite. Throw is 129", and viewing distance about 132" (projector in a wall-mounted cabinet above the heads of the viewers. Projector is 2400 lumens. Ambient light varies a lot, but can be high. Usually quite low for evening viewing. I...
Hey, I went to a friend's house to watch this in Blu-ray. Picture was great and sound effects all present but the Dialog was missing. Other Blu-ray discs play fine on his system. Suggestions - or any one else have this issue. Firmware? SAP?
Thanks, I'll try that. Anyone else?
I bought the 975 for my girlfriend, and setup worked fine, and we've had no issues with whistling, connection, or any of the functionality. In that regard, it's a near perfect unit (though having it stop playing when you bring up the menu screen is annoying). On the other hand, I'm thinking of returning the unit because I'm quite unhappy with the sound. Sounds like it's underwater to me. I didn't expect much from this unit, but I've listened to both the Sony...
Just got off the phone with Samsung regarding HDMI Black Level greyed out for all sources/resolutions, including movie mode and interlaced. Their answer is that it just comes on when some compatible game systems are attached via HDMI. Don't know if I believe that but can't refute it. Model is 40C630K1F, code ......XZA.
I'm helping my gf buy her first home theater system. I've narrowed it down to the 2 systems listed above for these reasons: 1) Blue-ray DVD, 2) Internet Connectivity for Netflix streaming, etc. 3) Tall Front speakers, so you don't need a shelf or bookcase to mount them, and 4) Wireless Rear Speakers (yes, I know they're wired to a box), and 5) 2 Optical Audio Inputs - for adding audio from multiple other boxes like DVR, Network Server, etc. I've read the boxes...
Good guess. I emailed KNTV, and the following is an excerpt from Jim Monroe's reply: "We lease a fiber optic line from AT&T to provide DirecTV with the best possible quality HD signal. Unfortunately, AT&T tells us that Thursday someone accidentally cut the fiber line between us and DirecTV. As of Friday morning they had repaired the damage, but we are talking with DirecTV to better understand why they did not take advantage of the backup options available to them."
I just searched the SF threads for other folks who had my problem Thursday night - but nothing. Am I the only one who tried to record 30 Rock, The Office, and Scrubs on Thursday, 4/10, only to find one placard recorded for each show saying - don't call us, your local station is trying to get you back on the air as soon as possible? I have two Directv HR-21s. KNTV seems to come in okay now. Very frustrating, though, to have the little new scripted content lost - and...
Beautiful! Did you have to re-sheet rock / paint?
By media box, I mean the Media Receiver setup that some Pioneer Plasmas have and Sharp Aquos used to have. Here are a couple of models: Pioneer PRO-1130HD or PDP5060HD or Sharp LC-45GX6U (which I own). This way all the connections or into the media receiver box in the cabinet with only power and one system cable connected to the TV on the wall. I like that design, but these models are harder to find than they used to be. Of course, with good installation you...