or Connect

Posts by Newsphotog

I also signed up for TurboHD, and was told I'd be getting the VIP722 and there was a $50 upgrade fee, however my fist bill will have a $50 credit on it. They did charge my credit card $50. One other note, when I ordered I said I did not want the Local Channels option. I planned to use my OTA antenna to get my locals in HD. The sales rep told me that I couldn't record (DVR) incoming signals from at OTA antenna. That seems ridiculous! Can the 722 only record the...
Sometimes (1 of 5 boot-ups) the EyeTV 2 software doesn't recognize that the EyeTV 500 tuner is connected to the computer. Since it doesn't see the tuner, nothing gets recorded. :mad: Quiting the program and re-launching it doesn't seem to make a difference. Rebooting the computer doesn't always fix the problem either, it's sort of a gamble. Here is my setup: Intel Mac Mini 1.66 Ghz Firewire hard drive EyeTV 500 Tuner EyeTV 2 ver 2.3.0 (hoping to not upgrade,...
I export with MPEG4, under options here's what I choose: Video Format: MPEG-4 Improved Image Size: Custom 640x480 (changed from 640x360) Everything else is left as is. The show was recorded over the air from the local CBS digital broadcast. Thanks, Wes T
I tried exporting mannualy and selected 4x3 for the aspect ratio but it still came out letterboxed. Is there any export setting that will actually crop the video?
I finnaly went out and got the new ipod with video support, and EyeTV2 works great to export HD shows into iTunes and get them on the ipod. However, I record some Standard def programs from OTA and when they are exported to the ipod they are letterboxed and have black bars on the side. I belive this is because the station broadcasting the SD content is adding the side black to fill in 16:9 signal. Problem is that on the ipod this results in a much smaller image with...
I'm having some trouble using EyeTV and an external Firewire Drive. EyeTV2 software is programed to record to the external HD, but when the Mac first turns on and EyeTV launches, the Recordings window says "No Recordings" as if the firewire drive is not connected. However the Mac sees the drive, it's right there on the desktop and can be accsed in Finder. Quiting EyeTV and restarting the program corrects this problem. The big issue I have is that I schedual the...
This may be what we've been waiting for. A way to record HD signals from our Sat/Cable boxes that are equiped with HDMI connectors. Obviously this won't help MINI users but any tower with a PCIe slot could use it. http://www.blackmagic-design.com/intensity I've used this companies SDI cards for video editing and found them to be top notch.
I connected my Mini to my Sony HDTV through DVI, there was some cropping of the picture, but durring video playback it looks great. The only time the cropping is a broblem is when I need to see the top menu bar. I used a standard DVI cable and did not notice any connector difference. My Sony mannual says the same thing about connectign to a computer. so far I'm very happy. Sony tv is a few years old, don't know the model, but it's a RPTV 56".
I'm not sure which one it was, but by deletign my account prefrences and restarting I got everything back in shape.
Even with a learning/Universal remote you can usually only do what functions the original remote can do. However with reguard to scanning up and down on a channel list, many universal remotes can be programed to auto-repeat the function as long as the button is held down. Some OEM remotes will only fire once even if you hold the button down. Navigating the channels, or recorded programs in EyeTV2.0 (that's what I have) is not to frustrating. The channel up/Down...