or Connect

Posts by JeffGoos

Damn. That would explain a few things. Thanks for the info.
I bought a NV-T2DF tuner. Is that compatible with the GC?
Hi No I never did. However it does work. I got to communicate with it over serial and turned it on, tuned to a station and such. All seemed fine after I bought it. It's now in a rack with the rest of my Nuvo stuff. It does not seem to talk to my Nuvo GC through NuvoNet. I expected to be able to access the tuner through the OLED keypads, but nothing. Maybe I'm expecting too much...
Hi Jeff It appears the Nuvo web site does not have a tech support email address. Just a generic customer service email for "updates on order status, NuVo University, or shipping and service issues" and a sales email. Is there a secret email somewhere or do I just need to pick up the phone and call them? I'm an engineer so I can handle the electronics part easily. I'm reading several threads over at Remote Central where it sounds like Nuvo does NOT give this software...
Thanks for posting. So this is NOT for the grand concerto, only the concerto? Maybe someone can help clarify how all this works with Nuvo. I know they want to protect their dealers/installers and therefore don't openly offer their configuration SW to the public. However I'm planning on pulling the trigger on a grand concerto with expander (NV-I8GMS & NV-I8GXS) in December/January. It may or may not come from an authorized seller. The authorized sellers say they only...
Yes they do. However the streams I've listened to of the local stations I like seem to use a low bit rate and it sounds all warbly. And I don't want to spend ~$2.5k for the Nuvo music server. I took a chance and bought one for $140. Hopefully I can get it to boot without the display working.
I know the Nuvo NV-T2DF is no longer manufactured so if you want one you have to find a used one. However I'm seeing a pattern in most of the used units I find. Almost all of them have non-functioning displays. Does anyone know what the problem is with them? I'm an engineer so I can fix most stuff unless its inside an IC that I can't purchase replacements of on the open market. I'm hoping its just a power supply issue or something simple. Any info would be helpful. ...
I'm planning a new home construction with move-in in December and the Hopper seems to be what I'm looking for. I've been a Dish subscriber at my current home for 12 years. Currently have a 921 DVR and one of the smaller non-DVR HD boxes (forget the model number). At the new place I'm thinking I can start out with one Hopper and 4 Joeys. I may upgrade to another Hopper later. Questions: 1) What are they charging for current customers? From what I've read its $6 per...
Dish is giving something away for free?! Wow.
I've had Dish for 10 years and a month. Currently have a VIP722 DVR. I've never had the locals from Dish. I don't pay for them, I have an antenna in my attic. Tonight I was shocked to see information on my main local stations just start to show up. It seemed to start around 8PM or so pacific time. It's great! So why did this happen? Anyone else experience this? I'm afraid they will disappear tomorrow.