or Connect

Posts by normpaperman

Sorry for the bump, but does anyone have an opinion on this receiver or this merchant? thanks!
So, I'm looking to replace my 8 year old shelf system, with something much nicer, and I think I've decided upon the HTR-5450, so I've got a couple of questions. * Anyone use this one? Thoughts? * Where can I get the best deal? My local best buy has it for 399, but I've also found it online at www.aaaprice.com for 299. Anyone used these guys before? They have the top yahoo rating, but I'm not quite sure that means very much to me. j&r has it for a bit more, but...
Quote: Originally posted by rfoye: Please tell me the mfg and model of the amp. Sorry...it is a channelplus DA-500
Quote: Originally posted by rfoye: [b]OK, no new cable. Let's try to balance your system as is. 1) Below is a drawing of your system: Please verify that this is correct. Yes, this looks right. Quote: 2) TIVO on channel 81 looks OK. CATV looks OK upstairs. Upper CATV channels looks snowy downstairs. Is this correct? Yes ...
Quote: Originally posted by rfoye: Well, That's a bit of a surprise. 3) When you unplugged the amp and the downstairs TV cleared up, that means you are not seeing 'noise' as in a weak signal. This now appears to be IM (inter modulation) distortion caused by an overdrive amp. Tell me about the amp. I had been under the impression that this was an amp of ours, model DA-500. (There should be a label on the bottom.) This...
Thanks so much for the help. As for running a cable.... I'm living in a townhouse that i'm renting. The wires, etc. were all here when we got here, and are run in the walls. The only way I'd be able (that I know of) to run another wire to the garage from the tivo would be along the baseboard (or something like that, unless running wires in the walls isn't as hard as I think it is). Thanks again, I really do appreciate it.
Alright...here goes...I'm not a very good artist (as you can tell), but this is pretty much my set up. The 3 lone tvs are upstairs, the tv with the tivo/mod/amp/sat is downstairs. Thanks, as always, for the help! http://normpaperman.tripod.com/tvdiagram.GIF
Howdy again....anybody think of anything I haven't tried yet? thanks!
Quote: Originally posted by Hans_Moleman: Now back to the original topic. Norm, if you only have signal strength issues with the cable going to your upstairs tv, then put the amplifier on the splitter output that goes to that tv. With the amp located prior to the splitter in your current configuration the distortion you see on your other tv's is caused by overloading their tuners. Amplifying only the signal in need will...
Me again... So I've hooked up that signal amplifier, and everything seems to work great on the tv upstairs now. Channel 81 is now Tivo throughout the house. Upstairs it is a very clear picture. Down at the source (where my tivo and modulator and amp are), high channels (like 60 and above) have picked up a bit of static. The smarthome people tell me that I should just move the amp to a place further away from that source. What's the best place for it? Thanks as...