or Connect

Posts by theedge

Just got this TV in and have been setting up and playing with it for a few hours... my initial thoughts.. Even though it is a 47" it is much smaller physically than my 46" Sony 46V5100 which it replaces. The picture pops out much better too, color is much more vivid. I like the channel and input naming feature better on the Sony, and the manual scan for QAM channels is a bit more complex on the LG than the Sony. But there are several more features, Netflix works...
[quote=RobLee;19917671]So I installed 2.3 and I see the Internet TV icon but there is just an empty folder. Anyone know how this is supposed to work?/QUOTE] Haven't installed this firmware yet, but looks pretty cool, if not bulky having to save a file to the net tv folder with your web address for MMS and RTSP video... MMS usually aka as SOPCAST... Glad Argosy still adding features, would love to see Netflix of course .. but this is a solid piece of tech at a great...
The 47LE5400 is on sale at Fry's B&M and Online for $599.99 right now! Just picked one up with $99.99 shipping to NY and no tax! Replacing my Sony 46" Bravia 46V5100 LCD... http://www.frys.com/product/6220150?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG About wireless for this, I have a wireless N router that has DD-WRT on it.. you can find low end N routers for $15-20 and have it act as a wireless access point.. cheaper than the dongle and more useful! It basically connects to your wireless...
83-1749 in HD tonight 89-1744 showing it in SD! Maybe that means all games may be on on QAM this year?! Had at least one away game so far...
Sabres showed up on clear QAM 81-1749 for the Devils game, nothing there tonight. Scanning now to see if it shows up elsewhere.
I have been getting YES at 76.1306 on my Philips and SNY at 80.1493. The channels seem unavailable unless there is a game or encore game (Baseball) on the network...
These are what I just looked through for Niagara County... I omitted several music stations...still no Sabres.... 121 Dish Network 117.12 Government Stuff 117.11 WNED (Think Bright) Looks HD 117.3 TV Guide (Clear) 113.10 CTV (Analog) 112.116 Music - Kidz Only 112.113 Music - Rock 112.100 Music - Musicals? 112.99 Music - 90's 112.98 Music - 80's 112.95 Music - Disco 112.94 Music - Disco (Abba) 112.93 Music - Hitlist 111.4 TBS...
Has anyone else experienced that Time Warner's QAM channels have changed? All the networks seem the same, but now I get a CBC which seems a stretched version and the 94.1 and 94.5 HD QAM channels which previously housed the Sabres games and HD Movie Previews respectively seem no more.. I did a few scans and searched all channels and I have no QAM Sabres home game tonight....anyone else?
I recently dropped down from digital/DVR service to basic cable to lifeline (2-24)...I have Dish Network for DVR/HDTV needs... I do get all HD locals via QAM (TBS too) with the lifeline programming including the home Sabres games in HD....
Yep, one of the main reasons I went to Dish and got their DishHD package... TWC sucks...as I read on EngadgetHD about TWC in other areas adding new HD channels and WNY stuck with the same lineup for what seems like forever! I stuck with roadrunner and pay $30/month for HD! The girl at the TWC was amazed about how cheap the DishHD package is and she said she was going to sign up..lol