or Connect

Posts by LimeyGreg

Hi Stigray, Welcome to the new abode. While it's sad that the sun will soon set on the era of the DHG at least you will have company over here on the Tivo board. I am sure all the Tivo aficionados will be more than happy to support us in our hour of need, but I have a feeling that the Tivo's we have purchased will not be plagued by loss of grid as did the DGH on several occasions in multiple markets. 869 pages and counting on the DHG thread. Amazing really when you...
Joe, it has an eSata port so adding a 2Tb sata drive in an eSata enclosure is a simple expansion. I was looking at replacing the internal drive but quit that when I discovered the eSata port. I already downloaded the Tivo app to my Android in preparation .Greg.
I bought the Premier today for $60 on the Black Friday deal, was looking at swapping the HD for a bigger drive but discovered it has an eSata port for HD expansion so even the XL is unnecessary - unless the tuner is better. They did charge tax on the pre-sale full retail price of $299 though. It was $101 out the door with 1 month service, free shipping. I will probably upgrade to lifetime later.I too am a DHG conversion. I must say though, I am looking forward to the...
Well, in preparation of the end of the DHG world I just purchased a Tivo Premier currently on sale for $59.99, 2 tuner 320Gb HD with $14.99 month to month guide. If I like it I will convert to lifetime guide. Meanwhile I will be working on a Linux or Android based box using XBMC with my HDhomerun for which the tv guide will hopefully remain free. See you all on the Tivo board unless the DHG gets a reprieve. Incidentally, I'm still waiting for a reply from my contact at...
Maybe we should all post our DHG's on eBay for a reserve of $500 each with the statement that "they won't work after April 2013" the idiot won't be able to stop the question being asked from being answered.
Time to migrate to a micro atx pc or xTreamer Ultra 2, linux OS, OpenELEC-2.0 or XBMC and my trusty HDHomeRun. I have a good friend that is an exec at Sony in SD. He said he would try to find out if they are working on a solution. I'll report back when I get any info. I guess you can have your ZIP code back now "possumgirl" as it looks like I won't be needing it after April.
Good news, Rovi made the change to the OTA feed yesterday and my 250 stopped resetting. The data packets are incrementing nicely and have not been zeroed out. The guide has started filling with more accurate program listings. I had to re-order the guide as several main channels had dropped to the bottom of the list. All seems to be as it should be with my 90065 zip code
Mark/Joe - I spoke with Jay over at Rovi, he's one of the upper level engineers dealing with TVGOS and the problem here in Los Angeles. He was very helpful and informed me that they would hopefully be implementing a fix today (Thursday) for the OTA feed, then later for the the cable issue. He said they believed the issue to be a program descriptor for my zip was longer than 64 characters and was causing a buffer overflow leading to a reset. Both my machines were...
Mark, looks like there is no data being sent. So much for the idea of seeing if it works on cable at work, my next option is to talk my next door neighbor in to letting me hook it up to his cable feed.
Joe/Mark, A quick update. The 500 got a timezone packet and so had accurate clock, unfortunately the factory reset did not cure the frequent reset issue. It did update the TVGOS patch to the latest but still no grid. The machine is now at work on our cable feed, I just need to find which channel TimeWarner has TVGOS data on, I thought it should be Ch2 like OTA but I'm not getting a [3] showing clock data. I will play with it throughout the day but may do a factory...