or Connect

Posts by BrianMitchell

Mark, Thanks. I'll probably wait a little while to see how things settle convergence-wise and then if the blue is still off by >=1 pixel then I'll probably do the full pixel shift for the blue - the 1.5 pixels "off" for the blue seems to be uniform across the screen and always in the same direction so the "full pixel shift" should do the trick. So far, the image looks GREAT. I read all of these threads about this projector (vs the JVC, etc.) and was really worried...
Martin, Thanks! Brian
I just received my VW90ES today and have spent just a few minutes with it. I do have a few questions: 1. One of the first things that I looked at was the AVS calibration disk crosshatch to check convergence (after reading about thrang's issues with convergence). Looking at the crosshatch test pattern, it seems like my red is off by about 1/2 pixel (too far down) across the pattern. It seems like my blue is off about 1.5 pixels (too far down) across the...
All right. I think it figured out the difference between my old screen and my new screen. My old screen had a metal border and my new screen has its border wrapped in black velvet. I guess it was the metal border that was reflecting the IR backwards because: As an experiment I took a roll of shiny wrapping paper that we had lying around and put it in the front corner of the room (still rolled up). Now, when I use my remote pointing towards the screen (and the roll of...
I recently upgraded my screen to a Stewart StudioTek 130 G3 and have noticed that the signals from my IR remotes no longer "bounce" off of the screen to reach the components behind me. Is this normal? If so, what options do I have (repeaters, etc.) for controlling the components behind me (and having 3D glasses "see" a 3D emitter above and behind me on top of a ceiling mounted projector) without having to turn around? Thanks!
Thanks for the replies. I appreciate it. Brian
Hey folks: I currently have a Mitsubishi HC4900 that I'm using with a StudioTek 130 G3 screen in a totally light controlled environment. Does anyone have first hand knowledge (or a strong opinion) about whether the RS40 will provide a significant improvement in 2D performance over the projector that I have now? I'm pretty happy with my current image (except that the blacks aren't very "black"). I'm definitely interested in the 3D aspect of the RS40 but can't...
This game is a big departure from other Rayman games that I have played (the others have been side scrollers (going back to earlier generations of the Playstation and the Game-boy advance)). However, Rayman is hands down my favorite game for the Wii so far. I rarely play all the way through games anymore, but I finished playing through Rayman's story mode last week (Marvel Ultimate Alliance for 360 being the other exception). I found this game to be "laugh out loud"...
For anyone in the SE Virginia area who is interested: the Wal-Mart on Military Highway in Norfolk had several remaining D1's this morning around 11:30. BTW, the cashier asked me: What does this thing do to make it cost $500?
Yeah, my 360 is also behind me (and on a rack in a closet) and I have no problems.