or Connect

Posts by schlitzie

Anyone have any preliminary thoughts on this new unit? From the specs, it looks fairly intriguing, with numerous inputs including DVI, a separate controller, a single cable to the projector for all sources, and two lamp choices. I read that it got the "bronze" at CES, but I'm not sure how it did that since I understand that it is still in development, and should be released in the next month or so. I am comparing it to the HT 300, which I like very much, although it...
Hi Jeraden I have a similar duct problem in the basement that I will be building my theater in. I decided to bring a duct guy in to move the ducts that I currently have to a less obnoxious place in the room, saving me about 6" of ceiling height and moving them from the near center to the far right, out of the way. The guy will charge me a couple of hundred, but thats well worth the cost for all that extra headroom.
hey folks -- if you are waiting for cineversum specs -- they were posted this morning -- and in English! http://cineversum.barco.com check it out - looks like a very impressive concept. Now we just need to know if and when it will be available in the US, and how much $$$$.......
the big announcement was supposed to happen yesterday - any news? I don't see anything on their website, and nothing at all on AVS....
Hi Plasma Gurus -- I have an opportunity to pick up a new 61MP1 for about 11k from a reputable dealer - which seems like an extraordinary deal. For the savings involved, I can pair it with maybe a leeza and have a pretty nice combo for what is (relatively speaking) a bargain. BUT -- Two Concerns I need input on before I pull the trigger: 1)Should I be patient for a bit more to see if there are any earth-shattering announcements at CES like maybe details on the...
Make sure you check out shops in Delaware -- I like Overture on rt. 202 in Wilmington -- they will deliver to you, and the big plus is no tax
Hi Sam -- yep, Zenith still makes it, and it appears to be the best of the best from my research. Problem is finding one on a retailers floor to check out.... It seems the only way to go if you are going to order one is through the net since Zenith resellers that stock the big sets are impossible to find.
Trojans - we have the same philosophy here. And yes, the plasmas are at least 10K. (Man, 10 grand.... Scary that I am actually considering this kind of outlay FOR A TV!, but it just proves to me that I am way too picky for my own good.) The 50" Runco is quite awesome, but at 22K it had better be... Don't get me wrong - I really like the Pioneer. I am just trying to push the envelope and get the best possible combination of features and highest PQ I can find. I...
Hey Trojans -- No, i haven't ruled the 720 out yet. It is up at the top of the heap as far as 7" CRT RPTV's go. But I think that the Zenith, from a significant amount of research on my part, can easily surpass the Pioneer in terms of picture quality overall due to the much larger lenses. It can do true HDTV with 2+ million pixels (1920 X 1080), something the Pioneer just can't hit. There are numerous professional reviews of the Zenith out there, as well as a string of...
thanks, yes, I've seen this. The interesting thing is that I have also come across incredibly glowing reviews of the 60" version. (From the few that have actually seen one...) I guess that I will have to wait until CES and hope that Sony actually comes through on time with this product!