or Connect

Posts by Diztinct

Thanks for the replies! I'm glad to hear that the HD Fury works like a charm with the 3500. As you say, it can do 1080i. And even if that wouldn't work, one could still do 720p, of course. What the HD Fury gives us is a digital signal as "close" as possible to the projector, and a great conversion to analog signal. I'm eager to see how much better the image will look. I have already ordered the HD Fury 2, actually, but I read that there's a batch 3 coming (which is...
Hi! I have an Electrohome ECP 3500 and I'm very tempted to get the HDFury to use with my HTPC and Xbox 360. Then I noticed that there's the HDFury2 as well, however, and I wonder if anyone could give me any advice on if the HDFury should be satisfactory for use with the ECP 3500 or if I will miss features from the HDFury2. Primarily I'm thinking about the auto centering of the image with the HDFury2, which sounds nice. I would prefer not having to shift the raster...
Hi! I've been running a Sony 1030/1031 for a bunch of years, and did a budget upgrade to an ECP 3500 a couple of months ago. The primary reasons why I wanted to upgrade was a bit more brightness from 07MS-tubes, possibility of running 720p and also that my old Sony proj was beginning to show some annoying signs of aging. Obviously I'm not a complete CRT noob, but I guess it always takes some time to get accustomed to a new type of CRT proj. Also, since the 3500 has...
Thanks for the quick reply, Curt! I see, that's a grim outlook then... So, what do you suggest. Should I not buy this PJ? Sounds like I would have to have the green tube rebuilt, including shipping to the US and back... And if I'm unlucky it won't be done well, it seems?
Hi, guys! I'm the happy owner of a Sony VPH 1030 (the late series, capable of the same scan freq. as the 1031). My PJ however is showing more and more signs of age, and I'm thinking that of course it would be nice with a more capable PJ, so I've started to look around a bit. And once you've tried CRT you can't go back, right? I'm currently considering a Barco Data 701s that is for sale here in Sweden. This model seems like a perfect step up for me, since it's newer,...
Oh, I thought 15 meters would be ok. I think I've read about people using that in other places. Before this one I used a factory made "real" VGA-cable, ca 6 meters long, I would guess (for projector use), that I had resoldered to scart in one end. I had the same slight ghosting with that one, but I didn't experience the more severe ghosting that seem to have to do with the scart. Before that I had a 1,5 meter VGA to scart cable with the same ghosting on the pj. 15...
Oh, ok. I read this long ago, and the idea to make this video cable out of shielded Cat 5 came from a thread on this forum, included below. I'm a bit confused now... RGBHV over shielded Cat 5 success! I'm an enthusiast on a budget, rather then wealthy videophile If I were to make a new cable, VGA D-sub to Scart, what sort of cable would you recommend me using instead? Something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, hopefully Curt, if you don't think it's the H...
Thanks for the reply! Ok, you think it's the cable. But what about the ghosting-problem with the scart connector? Do you think that is also the cable? I have been thinking abour resoldering the cable with a gold plated scart connector of the exact same type that I had before (when I didn't experience this severe ghosting that happens with the scart connector). I'm actually running 49Hz, but I will lower that to 48Hz then. Thanks! Do you think the problem would...
Hi! I'm a happy owner of a Sony 1030. It's a later model that scans to 32 Khz, plus I have glass lenses mounted, so it's effectively a 1031. Currently I'm running 960x540 and feed it via a HTPC with a Radeon-card and Powerstrip. I have a 15 meter shielded CAT-5, VGA to scart, and a simple electronic circuitry that does composite sync, so it's not done in software via Powerstrip. I have two problems with the projector that I have learned to live with, but I would be...
Quote: Originally Posted by drjaymez Only 480i :( Or 576i for PAL. That's DVD resolution in RGB-quality, which I think is fine. The fact that it's interlaced shouldn't be much of a problem since the signal runs through Dscaler and gets deinterlaced, I guess?