or Connect

Posts by docquest

You can do what I did and order 1 of each type and compare yourself and return the one you didn't like. In my case I think the RF was worth the higher cost than the sainsonic DLP link ones. I hemmed and hawed a bit over the cost but in the long run I built my home theater to make the image look as good as I could afford. I decided I didn't want to skimp out in the end on the glasses. I'm a huge 3D fan so the 3D quality is a biggie for me. I just wish the studios would...
The only thing i didn't like about the ultra clear DLP link glasses is when you tilt your head up or down the there is a color shift in the image. I don't move my head a lot when i watch a movie but when I did it bugged me because once I knew it did that I always noticed it.
I didn't think to compare/measure the optical density of the lenses. I can't now becuae I already returned the Sainsonics.
I didn't try the Trudepth DLP link glasses. The only reason I tried the sainsonics wa because they were less than half the price of the Optoma's. It looks like theTruedepth DLP link glasses are almost the same proice as the RF Optoma's so there's not a lot of motivation for me to try them as well.I haven't heard about the HD25e, whats different about that from the HD25?
I just bought the HD25 this week and I also bought a pair of the Optoma BG-ZF2100GLS glasses as well as the Sainsonic SSZ-200DLB DLP link glasses. I wanted to compare the DLP link glasses vs the RF glasses. I really wanted to like the Sainsonic ones since they are 1/2 the price and I need 6 pairs. On the box of the Optoma glasses it said it handled 96, 100, 120Hz. I would have assumed they did 144Hz but it doesn't say that anywhere. The Sainsonics were labeled as handling...
I just bought the HD25 this week and I also bought a pair of the Optoma BG-ZF2100GLS glasses as well as the Sainsonic SSZ-200DLB DLP link glasses. I wanted to compare the DLP link glasses vs the RF glasses. I really wanted to like the Sainsonic ones since they are 1/2 the price and I need 6 pairs. On the box of the Optoma glasses it said it handled 96, 100, 120Hz. I would have assumed they did 144Hz but it doesn't say that anywhere. The Sainsonics were labeled as...
I was assuming the DLP flash wouldn't be there when using the RF mode but maybe it is. I'll probably buy 1 pair of RF and 1 pair of DLP link and comapre them then just return or sell the one I don't choose. I need 5 pais total so its probably a good idea to verify which looks best before committing to one tech vs the other. If they look the same I'll just go with the cheaper DLP link.
Thanks for the explanation. My current projector is "3D ready" so it does require an external processor to feed it. I use the viewsonic vp3d1. So now i just need to decide if i should go with the cheaper dlp link glasses or the more expensive RF ones. Sounds like people like the better contrast with RF sine there us no sync flash happening between images. Whether I go RF or dlp link I think I need to buy new glasses. My current setup uses 120hz dlp link glasses and I...
One of things i dont like about my dlp link glasses and projector setup is that somtimes when the movie starts the left/right sync is reversed. I have to hit the invert button on my projector to fix it. This happens about 50% of the time. I believe this is an inherent limitation of the dlp link approach. If my next projector (looking at optoma hd25) uses RF glasses will it also be out of sync sometimes requiring me to hit the invert to correct it? I did a search but...
I think I only paid about $40-$50 for my BTTF2 double sided on ebay about 2 years ago. I've got 4 DIY lighted poster boxes that I rotate new poster in every now and then. Lately I've been seeing movie posters as a reward item on the disney movie rewards website. So far most of the recent posters they have listed as originsal theatrical have all been double sided. I've gotten tron, pirates 4, wall-e, and muppets from them. You accumulate points there everytime you buy a...