or Connect

Posts by jhaines

Can't believe I didn't think of it when I posted earlier, but Demon's Souls introducing multiplayer invasions of a single player game, and especially having one of the game's main bosses be secretly played by a random human, was totally mindblowing at the time. This sort of mechanic wouldn't have been technically feasible until fairly recently, with everyone's game consoles and PCs now being constantly online. - Jer
[[SPOILER]]I think it stops getting harder after intensity 9. From what I've read, NG++ has some additional enemies and exclusive items, but after that it's just enemy stat buffs until NG+8.- Jer
I can confirm this. I used ascetics multiple times at the beginning of Brightstone Cove to get Benhard's trophy, and in NG+ it just adds 1 to whatever the bonfire intensity was at the end of NG.Thankfully, the boss of that area is a complete joke.- Jer
That may be. It could help to explain that difference better. I guess I should compare an infused club vs. a non-infused club sometime to reduce the variables.Based on what I've read, yes. For another example, let's say all your stats are at 50 except for adaptability at 12 and vitality at 15. Any mundane weapon would scale against the 12. If you raised adaptability, the mundane scaling would increase with it up to 15. If you then raised adaptability to 16, the...
A while back I talked a bit about scaling, infusion, and split damage. Since I'm now running into this issue in NG+, I figured I'd follow up with some specific examples. My character currently has 40 strength, 40 dex, and a 68 dark bonus. I had been using a Dark Drakekeeper's Sword +10 as my main weapon, which scales C with strength, D with dex, and B with dark bonus. This produces 171+39=210 physical damage plus 171+20=191 dark damage, for a theoretical total of 401...
The new black phantoms on NG+ are alternately amusing and annoying me, but rolling through the game a second time with high-end gear and foreknowledge makes things much easier. I almost feel like I'm cheating when I two-hand the Gyrm Greatshield and most bosses can't even damage me unless they can get in a grab. I was already kind of prepped for NG+ and beyond because I used ascetics to get the Benhard and Lucatiel trophies. Now I'm getting in some "jolly cooperation"...
Some key "wow" moments for me: - Intellivision. All my friends had 2600s, but my dad brought home an Intellivision one day and it blew me away. Awesome graphics for its time, a 32-direction movement disc (which was superior to any other console until analog controllers started showing up for PS1/Saturn, I believe), and 16 buttons with game-specific overlays. Arguably the first RTS game ever (Utopia), unrivaled sports games (football, baseball, and tennis were...
Some of both. Certain gear and perks help a lot. It really comes down to how you're most comfortable playing.I found myself most comfortable in a sniper/support role, so I went for higher-level spotting perks so I could tag enemies from high ground and let the shotgun & rifle guys on my team know exactly where the enemies are after I spot them. While that didn't do much to boost my own K/D ratio, it made it much easier for my teammates to kill others and win the match,...
Finished my first playthrough late last night. I still have plenty I want to do before I start NG+ (nice that you get to choose when that happens in this game), but I've now seen just about everything there is to see outside of covenant and NPC-specific activities. Overall I'd say the game is a shade less brilliant than Dark Souls, though it does exceed the previous entry in a few key ways (equip options, control enhancements, more bosses, some very unique settings). I...
As a member of the Bell Keepers (for the moment), I have to say that if you're in the bell tower, YOU are the "invader"...LOL.Got a PSN message from a random guy the other day saying it was f'd up that I used Acid Surge on him and broke all his equipment. As far as I'm concerned, if it's in the game, might as well use it...Getting very close to the end of my first playthrough, I think. The bonfire travel screen started showing me every possible location and bonfire and I...