or Connect

Posts by videocam

Thanks for the info. That helps A LOT! Now I need to get a Telephone Line Simulator! Cam
KenL, Thanks for the kind words. That Sampo player is really cool. The wheels in my head are already turning! The removable HD would be perfect for that unit! As for my Replay unit...I think I am going to keep it a simple single drive system...but you never know :-) The custom 80 conductor cables are a good idea. I have not really looked around yet to see if they already make special cables w/ more space between the drive 1 and 2 connectors. Maybe some of those new...
Bill...please post some pics when you get the modification done! I have been afraid to try the hot swap feature on my Replay unit. The swap will sometimes work on a secondary drive in a pc (but not all the time). As far as the power to the drive is concerned, the enclosure has a key that locks and unlocks the drive cartridge as well as connects and disconnects the drive power. Locked = Power on Unlocked = Power off Also another idea. If you mount the enclosure...
I added the removable hard drive enclosure...but I decided not to cut up the case. The enclosure is attached to the top of the unit. It works great, runs cool, and it is not noisy! I have pics and instructions on the link below. http://videocam.50megs.com/replaytv.htm Have fun! Cam P.S. I would be interested in seeing other implementations of this method.
Check out http://www.channelplus.com for some products that will let you modulate your replaytv signal to any channel and insert it into your cable system at home. For a lot less money...Radio shack just introduced a modulator (their own brand) that does the same thing. RadioShack.com has some of the channelplus stuff...however I do not see the new RadioShack modulator in the search. Try your local store I...
Box should be the same inside. You can easily open it up and compare your box w/ the posted pics. Cam
Just upgraded my Panasonic unit to a 75GB drive. I was looking at the posts about RTVExtract and I would like to use it to burn shows to dvd...but it would be a pain to open up the unit everytime I wanted to do this! I use removable drives in my non-linear edit system and my regular home PC because I found a great deal on the enclosures at Computer Geeks. They offer IDE removable enclosures w/ fan for only $7.49!!! Link to $7.49 IDE enclosures. The enclosures...