or Connect

Posts by rttrek

My 9.9 recently developed a new, serious problem. There's no video getting through to my HDMI projector! I'm 95% sure I didn't change any settings (but there's that 5%). I get audio, I've tested several different inputs. I've even tested both main-out and sub-out. No video, not even the menu. My PJ is a new Sanyo Z3000 (which used to work, and still works fine if connected directly to a source). My sources are a DirecTV HR21 DVR, a Panny BD30 BD player, and a...
Yes.
How can I identify which movies are available in 1080/24p? The VOD list doesn't appear to have any that I can see. Yes, I have 1080p set.
I recently recorded an event using a custom "tripod", really a camera mount for my wheelchair. As it only has two mount bpoints, not three, it swayed a lot if I didn't actively hold it with one hand. The motion on the LCD screen looked just as bad as the actual motion, but when I got it into my PC (Pinnacle Studio Plus 12), it looked *much* better. I now wonder whether the stabilization is supposed to show on the display, or if it's applied afterwards. I'm used to a...
This may not be much help, but perhaps a little levity will lighten your mood. I tried the HF11 in a store before buying it. One of it's major selling points is its high speed focus assist, but for the life of me I couldn't get it to look sharp in the store, hand held of course. Well, I bought one anyway. I still had the same problem, until I noticed that on a tripod it was fine. Hand held it was blurry, unless I held it *far away* from my head. I guess I'm to used to...
I second this. Use one disk as your system disk (C and another for video data.
I completed a copy of the 27 GB scene from built-in to the card. It *was* faster; somewhere between 1 and 2 hours (I was at lunch when it finished). I can then read it from the card using a USB dongle/reader.It's an Intel Q6600 (quad-core 2.40GHz) with 2 GB RAM, running XP SP3. I was copying to a dedicated video data disc drive, a 1 TB 7200 RPM SATA drive via USB 2.0 ports. The system was otherwise idle. This is a powerful video editing machine. Quad cores really help...
Well, it hung at around 2.2 GB copied of a 27 GB file, slowly getting more. For about 4 hours it got about 10K/min. Finally it sped up and finished the copy at a good speed, about 5 hours total. That's twice as long as it took to record! I'll try what page 60 says. Thanks. I know you can go directly to the card, but I needed the space on both for my event. What am I supposed to do, ignore the internal 32 GB? I suspect that keeping the scenes below 2 GB each would...
I too am annoyed by the extremely slow USB transfer rate. One person mentioned moving files from the internal flash to the SDHC card, then reading them from the card with an adapter. How does one move the files internal to the camera?
I have them both, and they work fine together via HDMI. I have upgraded my 3910 to the latest firmware, but as I recall at least the last update upgraded Denon Link to v3. I don't know if there have been HDMI fixes or not. I do recommend you upgrade it. It's an easy procedure to do, although my first attempt at the latest upgrade appeared to work but left me with a unit that would lock up when reading discs. A redo of the upgrade fixed it right up. One thing you may...