or Connect

Posts by rttrek

Quote: Originally posted by DrJoe The RP91 has three modes for 4:3 material like the test patterns in Avia when in progressive mode. While the DVD is running, press "display" twice to get to the video screen (see page 23 of the manual) and move over the the 4:3 Aspect Mode Icon (page 26 of the manual). They are: Normal: Everything is stretched to fill the screen ("anamorphic" sideways stretch) Auto: Propery flagged letter boxed material is "zoomed"...
I have an RCA F38310 (about 3 months now), and an RP-91 (1 month), and am trying to calibrate the TV using the Avia disk in progressive scan mode via the component inputs. (I know each input needs to be calibrated separately.) In particular, I'd like to check for the infamous edge distortion problem. In simple moving viewing I've seen no evidence of it. I can't figure out how to get the various geometrical test patterns to fill the screen, since the TV scaler is...
Well, this isn't quite what you asked for, but have you considered putting it on a UPS? No power failures, no auto-on.
I was wondering if it is possible to attach two sources to one pair of speakers (without switching - obviously A/B switches would allow this). Only one source would be on at a time (although I can guarantee that the occasional brief mistake will be made for a minute or two, usually at low volume). What I'm trying to do here is minimize the number of speakers adorning the walls of my bedroom. I already have a Denon mini-system that acts as a clock-radio/CD/cassette...
Quote: Originally posted by mrwilson I've seen two of these units NOT be able to receive channel 543 SHO-HD. Anyone else have this problem? Just to add another data point, I also get 543 on mine with no problems.
Here's another tribute to Triad. I bought their System 7 three-piece about 9 years ago (and they've been around longer than that - my then-roommate bought an earlier set about 12 years ago!). A couple years after I bought mine, I moved, and decided to buy stands from them. I got the stands, but they wouldn't attach properly to the speakers. Their solution: send everything to them, they'd make it right, and send it all back. I sent them in, and shortly after got...
Quote: Originally posted by codemarine IMO, as a general rule it makes no sense to spend more on the receiver than you do on the speakers. Yes, I know. I quote that homily too, and it was originally said of stereo (2 speakers, or 2.1), so I feel that it should be even more heavily weighted toward the speakers when we're talking about six of them! However, the avr1603 lists at $399, so I was hoping that its street price would be closer to $300...
I have been building up my bedroom A/V system lately, and am thinking about adding an amp. I currently have a DTiVo, an RP91 DVD, and an RCA F38310 HDTV. I am using the TV's stereo speakers :-(. All the components are capable of providing DD 5.1 audio over digital connections, optical from the DTiVo and TV, and both optical and coax from the DVD. The DVD also can provide DTS, and it can decode to analog and provide that. My environment is a bedroom, about 12x15. ...
Yeah, I ran into this too. I also noticed something odd: I have two boxes hooked to my TRK S23 dish, a DirecTiVo and an RCA F38310 TV. When I put in my zip code, they give me two different sets of pointing angles! The DTV said 100 degrees tilt, 46 degrees elev, while the RCA said 101.4 and 50. The RCA numbers worked much better.
Quote: Originally posted by MPAL10 jcm, I haven't fixed the problem yet. Although, I did get a recommendation from someone on how to fix it... Specificallly, I had used an LNB from my old round dish an placed into SatC. position on elliptical dish. As mentioned, the channels would show up on my guide, but the transponders were all reading "0". I was told that the SatC. LNB is different than a regular LNB (from round dish). Therefore, I need order a...