or Connect

Posts by Darryll Petrancuri

Microsoft Enterprise Software Architect / Developer
Greetings! I'd love to check it out. And, for what it's worth, I might be able to lend some assistance to future development if not debugging, as I too am a software development pro of some 25+ years, the last 16+ of which exclusively in MS technologies. Specifically, my current skill set include C#, .NET Framework 2.0, ASP.NET 2.0, ADO.NET 2.0, WinForms, SQL Server 2005. Let me know if your interested in my testing as well. I look forward to hearing from you.
...I hope you're not charging admission. After all, ;-) it is illegal... I know, I know, but I couldn't resist. They look great!
Well, terminology and all that...I should stick to my native domain of expertise. That's why I enlisted Dennis Erskine's assistance in the acoustic design of the room...Which I am quite happy to say sounds amazing.
Thanks for your kind words. The light in the front edge of the bar is accomplished with fiber-optic lighting. The fiber optic goes through the front face of the bar and down inside the bar to loop over the ledge of each step on the seating platform to light each step as well. Basically we used a dado blade and a router to cut the channel for the fiber-optic strand to be force fit into the slot. Hope that helps!
Thanks for the kind words. There's not much I would have done differently except for make use of conduit for wire pulls and pre-wire for a different projector location in the future. And, I'm going to re-do the so-called moldings in the room to be real cove molding which will provide a better chase for the fiber-optic perimeter lighting. My big focus right now is on automation and conputer integration. I recently bought an HD-DVD player, new scaler and had the projector...
Here's a smattering of photos from construction through some of the finishing. This was a DIY job with design assistance from Dennis Erskine of Design Cinena Privee, and the fabric treatments were installed by Mardi and Sherman Pffeifer of Showtime Theaters. This project started in late 1999 and finished in mid 2000. Well, finished in this hobby is relative. Equipment is always being changed out and upgraded...Such is the joy and sorrow of our labor of love. I...