or Connect

Posts by Warp

He could always buy a Digital TV Tuner (e.g. something like: http://www.amazon.com/Multi-function-Digital-Converter-Box-Recording/dp/B00BFIJQ10/ref=pd_cp_e_1). Hook that bad boy up to the A/V Receiver and let it control TV tuning. Use it's HDMI output to an AVR capable of switching HDMI. Personally, I use a TiVo Roamio as my ATSC TV Tuner. I love it, but I do realize that a $200 device with an additional monthly fee (or a $400 product lifetime subscription) is not for...
Got my open box UN65FH6001FXZA delivered yesterday. I'm pleasantly surprised with the picture quality, but then coming from a 10-year old rpCRT it probably doesn't take much to have a tremendous improvement. I and the family watched the Seahawks win the NFC championship as our first experience with the TV. I had not yet had a chance to do anything to the picture, although it appears whoever had purchased the set before me (and then returned it) had made some adjustments,...
I found an open box item of this model at our local best buy this evening. It was priced at $850 or so. But the sales rep said he'd sell it for $799. After a short talk with my wife, we figured it was worth a shot, so we bit and will have it delivered on Sunday (hopefully in time to get it set up for the Seahawks game!) Since the manufacturer's warranty doesn't apply on open box items, I got the Geek Squad extended warranty on it (5 years for $180). I normally don't buy...
I'm considering buying this TV at my local Best Buy since it's back at $999. I need something to replace a 10-year old 51" Toshiba rpCRT (model 51H83), which still works, but is not up to the task of being connected to today's digital sources like Xbox One due to severe overscan and poor convergence/focus that causes blurriness). I don't want to spend a lot of money since I think viable 4K/UHD TVs are only a couple years off. So, my questions: 1. Has any tried this TV...
I'm very interested in the HP MediaSmart TVs. The Windows Media Center functionality is especially intriguing, since I already use Vista Media Center for my media and DVR functionality. A standalone TV that provided access to my media center content would be nice, indeed. Does anyone know when media center functionality will be enabled? Another option would be a plain old 1080p LCD with one of the new standalone media center extender components from Dlink or Linksys,...
Hi Jerry, welcome to the area. I think you're probably right about having a tough time receiving locals reliably with an indoor antenna. With an amplified antenna, you'll probably have some luck with some of the locals, but I'm sure there will be some that you just can't pull in (without dropouts, anyway). I'm not sure you're right about all the towers being to the east. As I recall, only the FOX station is to the east. The others should be a general northwest...
I got an email from KFME this afternoon. They fixed a small error in their PSIP data, and when I got home, KFME was tuning just fine again. I was pleasantly surprised with the support I received from their engineering department. -- Greg
burnt_secondary, Are you saying you tried to tune the channel directly through your TV and couldn't tune it that way, either? KFME's digital signal is still on the air. As I mentioned before, I can tune it through my HR10-250 HDTiVo. It was just through media center that I was having trouble. If you're unable to tune it using your TV's built-in tuner, that's new information that KFME would probably like to hear. I called KFME and spoke to someone in their...
A few days ago (Saturday or Sunday June 9 or 10), I started missing recordings on KFME (our local PBS station). I was gone over the weekend, but when I returned on Sunday afternoon, I found that I could not tune ATSC KFME through my Vista Media Center PC. I started investigating, and I have good signal strength. I can tune the channel through my DirecTV HR10-250 HDTiVo. The media center box can tune all other locals just fine. The media center box has both an ATI TV...
Is anyone here consistently picking up KVRR OTA? I'm having a very difficult time with this one. All other digital stations are coming in with signal strength 90-plus. According to Antennaweb, KVRR is in pretty much the opposite direction of the other towers. I'm sure this is why I'm having such a hard time picking it up, and I'm wondering what others are doing to pull it in. I'm located in south Fargo, just south of I-94 and just east of 25th St. My antenna is...