or Connect

Posts by Nitewatchman

Incentive auction has been delayed until 2015. If enough stations don't participate in that, (sell off/relinquish their spectrum), the whole deal might not even happen .... although, I think you can probably count on a likely future reduction of the broadcast TV spectrum ... I don't think The rules are set in stone yet regarding the repacking process,(what "channels" exactly will be removed from broadcast TV use/how stations will be repacked into what's left), although...
They do have a app from late 2012 to move the digital from 47 to 19, but the Analog WBQC 25 CP to move to 19 expired some time ago .. I don't think WBQC-LD on 47 is displaced/don't think they "have" to move for any reason --- 47 is their digital companion channel, they can stay there if they want and give up the channel 25 allocation ... they just might want to move back, using the analog channel 25 for their future digital channel , but of course since that was...
WLWD-LD 20 (Daystar) has made their flash cut to digital and is currently on air ..... Also note (according to their construction permit) they moved the transmitter site from Springfield to the Dayton antenna farm, so some foks who didn't get them in analog may get them now ....
Just a quick note, noticed WCPO recently added Mobile DTV stream .... at least presumably, as I'm just looking at their TS with TS reader, not anything that can actually decode the M/H streams .... Also, for those looking for when(if?) LICENSED Class A station WOTH-CD 20 ever comes on air, note co channel WLWD-LD 20 Dayton(Daystar) has just flash cut to digital ... This co-channel situation may be a little more of an issue for some vs when WLWD was analog, because the...
Yeah, broken EIT's (resulting in missing EPG data) still seems to be a common problem for WHIO. Right now, Tsreader shows the eit's/epg info working correctly for 7.2, but not 7.1 ... On another note, probably not a lot of people would notice this,(as who uses the SD version of the main ThinkTV service anyway?), but happened to notice that for at least the last week both WPTD/WPTO have been sending 480i widescreen(Not letterboxed) on 16.5/14.5 --- (the SD "duplicate"...
Hi Jason. 1st off, from now on, best to use the existing Dayton thread in this forum which is here : http://www.avsforum.com/t/136336/dayton-lima-oh-hdtv Normally, it's unlikely anyone in Dayton area would have seen your post, as we all use that thread instead, but I happened across it via an unrelated google search(although almost a month late), which explains why its been so long before you received a reply ... Anyway -- I believe you are refering to TNN on WWRD-LP...
"All of them" to me means all of them, and you specifically mentioned a PBS station, which is not one of the big 4 ..... and almost forgot.... "all of them" would also include MyTV WSTR. WKRC(for their local news) and WCVN(for some of their local/regional KET programming, plenty of other PBS stations around here of course) are probably the most important stations to us,and the ones overall which we watch the most here out of all the Cincinnati/Dayton stations .... I'm...
"all of them"(except WPTO ThinkTV 14/RF channel 28 ) would of course include Cincinnati locals WCVN (KET/PBS 54/RF 24), WBQC-LD(IND LP 25/RF 47) and WDYC-LP(daystar LP on 36) correct? -- As well as WKRC 12 (CBS "Local12" - RF VHF 12) on that UHF antenna? btw, WPTO and WXIX(fox19 - RF 29) transmit from same tower with very similar facilities (power, height/etc) ... And, since they are 1st adjacent channel, it's generally unusual to get one and not the other ... even...
The RF Signal Strength from WCPO is as strong as usual here. abt 60dB+ more than I need to decode it (given my antenna setup/etc) ...However, the "signal quality" isn't doing so great ... and it has been going down and getting worse the past several days .... Last I checked, (not necessarily entirely accurate), last night, WCPO SNR was about 20dB SNR here .... It's usually been about 26dB SNR here since they moved to 22, vs abt 33~34dB snr for stations like WKRC, WLWT,...
Looks Good, Nice Job + Thanks!